She's Everything

Ethan's P.O.V.
"So, what happened to your face?" My dad still stands over me in the chair, his face a mask of both intrigue and slight anger.
Still holding the ice pack that Jessie had given me before she left, I started to explain.
"You remember Liam from Oville( A/N: Did I spell that right? Idk😂) right? The guy who joined after...." I trailed off, knowing my dad knew what I was trying to say.
"After your brother died? Yeah."
"Anyway, so Jessie and I were supposed to have a study date, and suddenly we see a white strip fly past the window, and Liam's down in the yard with a roll of toilet paper in hand."
My dad flashes me a bored look.
"Ok....so how does that explain what happened to your face?"
"Oh, right. Well, Jessie and I went down to the yard to confront him, and then he started to sprout some shit about me not being good enough for her, and I fired back at him, and he did this to my face." My dad stayed quiet for a moment, seemingly contemplative.
"This girl is really important to you isn't she?" He says, taking the chair beside me.
"Yeah, she is."
"Well, tell me about her," he gives me a warm smile.
"Ok, well she was the new girl at school, and she seemed lost, so I decided to try and help her out, start communicating with people again, like that therapist said."
"So what'd you do?" My dad asked, genuinely curious.
"I emailed her anonymously, and then we started talking and-"
"The rest was history?" He questions, lifting and eyebrow coyly.
I chuckled before I spoke.
"No actually, at first she thought I was someone else and there was this whole debacle over coffee. It was kind of a mess."
"That sounds very interesting. Can you tell me anything else about her?"
"Yeah. She's really into poetry, and we're working on The Waste Land by T.S. Elliot, so I memorized the first part just to impress her."
"Really? You wanted to impress her that badly?" He tries obviously and fails to suppress a grin.
"I guess I did. She's just so smart, and I wasn't sure if I would embarrass her by being less smart." My dad's face softens into a look of sympathy.
"I don't think you could embarrass her. She really seems to care about you." He hesitates, as if unsure to ask the question that he wants to ask. Finally, after a few moments, he rests his arms on his knees.
"Do you love her?" I didn't even have to think before I answered.
Of course I do, I loved her before she even knew who I was. She's everything to me."

A/N: Hello! I hope you guys enjoyed this sorry it's kinda lacking descriptiveness, I tried my best😂