Chapter 18

5,4,3,2,1 the bell rang which meant school was over and it was officially summer. All the kids started screaming and throwing papers everywhere. Jacob was one of those kids. He threw up the papers and they went everywhere. He grabbed my waist and I laughed. He spun me around then dragged me outside. He planted a kiss on my lips quickly then hugged me.

Why are you so excited?" I laughed.

"Because Becca it's summer and that means it's you and me and no school." He spun me around again.

"I have a job and I start on Monday." I reminded him. He groaned and pulled me through the crowded parking lot. Caleb is going to Matts house and is leaving me and Jacob alone tonight. I was thinking about inviting Cameron and Nash over so that we could have a bonfire but I still have to see if Jacob wants to. We got into Jacobs car and waited for the parking lot to clear before we headed to my house.

"So I was thinking." I started off.

"Oh god this can't be good." Jacob teased.

"I was thinking we should have a bonfire tonight with Nash and Cam. You wanna?" I asked.

"That sounds good." He smiled. Not much has happened in the week. Cameron graduated and there was a lot of studying.

"Okay I will text them." I smiled and took out my phone.

To Nash: Bonfire at my house tonight?

Nash: I'm there and so is Cameron.

Me: awesome sauce

"Nash: sauce? now I'm hungry

Me: then get some food

Nash: Will do. I will see you guys around 8.

I laughed lightly and put my phone away. The car ride was silent. It's wasn't one of those uncomfortable silences though. It was one where it let me think about anything I wanted to.

"Jacob can I ask you something?" I hesitated.

"Of course you can." He looked over at me and lightly smiled.

"Do you really like me?" I asked. Jacob slammed on the brakes and I jerked forward. He is lucky we are in our neighborhood and not on the main streets. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and I frowned.

"I love you Rebecca. That means every ounce of me loves every ounce of you. I'm in love with you. I have been since the day I laid my eyes on you. Your my everything. I love you so much. I'm lucky to love and have you." He spoke slowly. I smiled lightly then leaned over the dash board and kissed his cheek. He drove through the neighborhood and we soon arrived at our houses.

-

"So how about we invite some more people?" Cameron asked.

"Like who?" I asked.

"I can invite my friend Mahogany!" he jumped a little in excited. I nodded and grabbed a marshmallow out of the plastic bag. I put it on a stick and and began to roast it.

-

"Hi I'm Mahogany." The curly haired girl stuck her hand out for mine. She wore black leather pants with a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and some red lipstick.

"Rebecca." I shook her hand. We all sat back down by the fire and chatted for a little bit. I like Mahogany. It's nice to have a girl around.

"Rebecca we should go shopping tomorrow." She squealed.

"Shopping?" I started getting nervous. Do I tell them about my scars? The only person who knows about everything is Jacob. After all he is my boyfriend.

"I can't buy skimpy stuff like tank tops." I said and looked down at my lap.

"Why not?" Cam asked, curiosity filling his voice. I took a while before I started to speak.

"Uhm I used to be really suicidal like a couple of months back. So there are a lot of scars on my body that are somewhat noticeable."

Mahogany and Nash exchanged looks and then Nash and Cameron and then Mahogany and Cameron. Jacob immediately held my hand and squeezed it tightly. I smiled at our intertwined fingers and sighed.

"I'm also on medication because I was a crazy lunatic who heard her ex boyfriends voice constantly telling me that he loved me and wanted to kill myself so that I could be with him." I choked out. A few tears fell from my eyes.

"I am a lot better now because of you guys though. I don't get called horrible names anymore. I don't cut until I end up in the hospital. I don't dress in dark colors and wear dark make up. I'm happy now and I'm thankful for you guys because god sent you guys to me. I love you guys." I cried.

Jacob stood up and pulled me up to. He wrapped his arms around me and embraced me in a nice, warm, loving hug.

"I love you so much." He whispered into my ear.

"I love you to." I whispered back. Cameron, Nash and Mahogany all stood up and we all hugged it out.

"Girl you gotta killer body and it doesn't matter if you have scars. We are going shopping tomorrow okay?" Mahogany giggled. I nodded and smiled at her.

"Who is up for some swimming?" Jacob asked and we all cheered.

_____________________

Cute and small little chapter! I hope you enjoy it. And HOLY SHITTT 5K READS 😏😏😏😏 YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!