Chapter 6 ( home )

:D

> Lilly's pov<
They say Home sweet home right? Whoever came up with that idea must have had some perfect life. Home is supposed to be the place you feel safe in. The place where you take comfort. The place which brings peace and tranquility. The place you can run to when nothing seems right. The place where you can be yourself and nobody judges you. No it's all lies. How can it be all those things? Why would someone even say such a thing?
Why is it than that when I think of the four letter word my heart sinks?  When someone utters the word I avoid it. I'll tell you the truth about home. 
Home is the place that reminds you  of every little detail. Where you remember every living aspect of your life. It's where you hide. Away from the world. Away from everyone. 
I'd come home everyday thinking I'd forget it all. I'd think it was going to be okay for a bit because I could escape. So I would make my journey thinking about what a wonderful time I could have away from school. When I would step in, you could actually see a genuine smile. Soon enough it changed to the frown I wear now. Because you know what? You think someone cares at home. You think you can get away from the expectations. That your life's not written out for you. But no instead I came home to screaming and yelling. To constant arguing. I was always expected to do well at school by my teachers. I was always expected to smile and be okay at school by my friends. And I would come home and be expected to be the perfect daughter for the other 2. Why? Because if not than I would be blamed for their actions. 
You have someone to talk to at home right? Wrong!! No one care I mean they have their own problems. They don't care about your petty little troubles. They never even gave a damn. They all have their own lives to get on with. So you know what? It's not a sweet, safe, peaceful sanctuary. It's just as bad in fact even worse. You know why? Because you'd think your own flesh and blood cared about you. Maybe if they saw you crying they would worry. Maybe if you changed they would notice. Well life's full of maybes. 
Home is where your story starts. Now that is something I can live by because I never saw it before but it all started at home.
Like, comment and vote pls. Hope you like it guys :D