sterek one-shot #1

The war with Monroe and her army of hunters had finally ended and the McCall pack had won. Yet, the huntress hadn't fallen back on her quest to get the world rid of the supernatural and that is why Scott and Argent had been travelling around the country trying to save as many werewolves as possible before the alpha had to leave for college. His best friend, Stiles had too decided to spend some time with his dad and his girlfriend before heading off and maybe try and clear up the aftermath of the war. Even the infamous Derek Hale had stayed back a couple of weeks before joining his former beta up in France.

For once, things were normal in Beacon Hills. 

Stiles Stilinski was just returning home after a lovely dinner with his girlfriend when he spotted a familiar face sitting on the park bench and staring up at the full moon. Soon,  almost unconsciously, he found himself walking towards the park. 

"Hello, Stiles," Derek greeted. 

"Hey sour-wolf. You still having problems with the full moon?" 

"No, just today," the former alpha answered solemnly.

"What do you mean? I thought you would be partying right now, in whichever Derek way. We won, dude!" Stiles exclaimed excitedly.

"Today's the day...the day Boyd was killed."

For a moment, everything felt silent. Stiles was shocked. The only thought running around in his head was how did he forget about this? He was there. The moment Derek's beta was killed by the Alpha pack. How they forced Derek to plunge his claws into Boyd's body while two of the alphas held Boyd in place. Stiles didn't know the boy that well but the entire pack was shook for weeks after that. How did the pack forget about Boyd and about this day? 

He looked over to Derek's side and saw tears pooling in his eyes. Derek rarely ever cried and when Stiles saw him on the verge of tears, he did not know what to do. Instead, he began panicking and his hands began clammy and he shot up from his seat.

"Oh, my God! I should-I should leave, I am sure you want to be alone right now. Yeah, I should go." 

"Stay." Derek said, in a voice barely above a whisper but Stiles heard him.

"W-w-what?" He asked baffled.

"Stay. I don't know what I will do if I lose control tonight."

"Alright..." Stiles took his previous position on the bench and a comfortable silence lapsed between the two of them.

The older boy found his heartbeat accelerating when their thighs accidentally brushed and he was glad that Stiles wasn't a werewolf. This had been happening ever since Derek had met him that day at the FBI arrest. He knew he was bisexual, hell he had even had boyfriends in the past but Stiles? He couldn't accept that. He was just the dorky, nerdy human in the pack, one with a girlfriend. He was just a friend. 

This was not supposed to happen. 

Thankfully, Derek was pretty good at masking off his emotions. But the question was, till when? Till when could he continue this act?

After all, three things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, and the Truth.

*******to be continued*******

(a pretty short one but i hoped you guys love it!

-bans xx)