been

⌜   • ° + ° •   ⌝
been.

for some reason, hisako didn't really want someone she probably doesn't know to have a crush on her. she was sure that she'd scare the person away with her manga filled room, her unhealthy obsession with gummy bears, the fact that she can't whistle and that she never learned how to swim would surely turn him off.

hisako already got one clue: the person who likes her is a boy

the japanese born girl didn't miss a single word renjun said the other day that 'she'll see who he is soon enough'.

ever since renjun came over to watch hunter x hunter with her on that sunday afternoon, hisako couldn't stop thinking about what he told her.

as soon as the seventeen-year-old girl walked past the classroom doors she headed straight to where renjun and jeno were sitting. taking her usual seat, hisako zoned out again, thinking about who could be the one with a crush on her and unconsciously looked around the room for possible candidates until her eyes stopped on renjun who has doodling a beautiful flower on the corner of his notebook.

without realizing, hisako found herself staring at the boy she knew since the second year of middle school. she was suddenly remembering about her memories of how renjun and her befriended each other.

it was all thanks to their art teacher.

the old lady saw how terrible as fuck hisako's drawings were and how she couldn't even draw clouds properly. thanks to her terrible hand, the art teacher asked renjun, the best at the subject of the class, to spare a few hours for hisako after school to teach her the basics in drawing.

it's not that the art teacher didn't want to help her herself, she just didn't have the time.

in a way, hisako was thankfully towards her teacher.

she would never have talked to renjun if it wasn't for her.

jeno snapped hisako out of her thoughts by tapping her shoulder with a pencil, "did you do your homework?" the raven-haired boy wore a sheepish smile.

hisako rolled her eyes playfully and handed her math homework to jeno. "you owe me a pack of gummy bears now." jeno jokingly bowed to her, "yes your highness, i am forever in your debt."

hisako giggled at the boy.

renjun couldn't help glancing at their exchange. he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a bit jealous. while renjun was watching them, hisako caught his gaze. quickly turning his eyes back to his notebook, the girl got on her knees opposite renjun and folded her arms on his table.

"can you still not tell me who's the guy that likes me is?" she pouted, pulling her lower lip out cutely which renjun found adorable.

the brown-haired boy shook his head. "but i can tell you one thing."

hisako's ears perked up and listened attentively.

"he's in our grade."

⌞   ° • + • °   ⌟