Pink Hearts

Pink Hearts

A Grojband Fanfic

Part Three

As silently as possible, I ascended the flight of stairs from the garage to the hallway. I could easily spot Trina's door from the rest of the house considering it was pink and stood out among the rest of the neutral blues and greys. The house was dark at night and hopefully by now Trina would be sound asleep. Most times band practice was held everyone stayed the night and slept together in the garage on a pile of old matresses and forgotten blankets that had nothing left to hide. The color in them had faded and the purpose of insulating was gone along with all the memories that tried to outlast extermination.

I fumbled with the knob carefully and very very slowly opened the door. She looked sound asleep, curled up under mounds of pillows and pink when I heard it.

A sob.

A very sad, very bitter sob.

Quickly and quietly I shut the door behind me and crouched down below the edge of her bed. Her covers hung off the side along with a couple strands of her bubblegum pink hair. "He never loved me!" I listened intently and heard her voice break off and fall into oblivion. "I should have known better..." She silently scolded herself as her diary tumbled off of her bed right in front of me. I grabbed it swiftly and surely and flipped through the pages finding her last entry.

Dear Diary,

     Today I saw the most unimaginable thing. Nick Mallory my one true love was KISSING my BEST friend Mina Beff! I can't believe it! After all the effort I've put into being perfect for him, he's been with Mina all along! And I can't break them up because Mina is my best and probably only friend... My life is over. He was my guy... my p rf t.  .. g...

The diary ended with smudged ink and an unfinished message but reading it and hearing her sob broke my heart in two. I silently closed the diary and debated standing up and just holding her. Maybe she would feel better if she wasn't so alone. "Maybe.." I quickly covered my mouth and watched her pink hair dissapear. "Hello..?" Her tiny voice called out broken and afraid. Nothing at all like the Trina I had always seen.

I curled into myself seriouslt debating what to do. 'If she saw me she'd flip out and scream and Corey will tease me for the rest of my life!" I thought worridly but a part of me wanted to help her. 'She needs me...'

Her hair dangled back off the bed and she cried even more. "I'm so alone I'm hearing things...” She mused sadly throwing her arms over her head taking their place dangling fraily with her soft shiny hair.

Reaching up gently I covered her mouth and pulled myself up from the floor holding her arms togther with one hand looking straight into her beautiful blue eyes.

"Your not hearing things."