Chapter Six: The Start

A few weeks had passed since Luke and I's first real meeting. It seemed that every one of my days were being entirely taken up by Luke. We'd gone to the beach as the days got warmer, we watched the stars in the endless array of wild flowers that was my yard, we went to movies, ate out at some really amazing restaurants with and without my father. My days seemed to be nothing but staring into those deep blue eyes, wondering what might be going on in that head of his.

Though, this past week, Luke had been rather missing. He said he was spending time with his mother and that was probably accurate. But, I felt like maybe I was going through 'Luke withdraws'. I needed my Lukey back, and he was no where to be seen.

So now, I sat in my study period, doing nothing but listening to the music on my phone in peace. Of course, I did have homework, but do you think I cared? No, not at all. Sighing, I doodled shitty doodles on a scrap piece of paper as my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. My heart lifted excitedly. Oh, please let it be Luke.

And, because I've been nothing but lucky:

Luke Not-So-Cool Hemmings: Hey hey there dork. Wanna meet up tonight? I've got nothing to do and you've been on my mind to be honest. So, what do you say, Little Red? -Lukeyxx

I placed my bottom lip between my teeth as I held back a smile. Finally, I get to see him again. Happily, I thought up my rather clever reply and sent it his way.

Well, I suppose you can hang out with me. I mean, I am a little too famous for you to be seen with me out in public sooooo, it's gonna be private. My house? Pick me up from school? Thanks, bae. -Emyx

His reply didn't take long. My heart had never beat so fast.

Luke Not-So-Cool Hemmings: Yeah, sounds cool. Meet me out back after school lets up. See you then, Little Red. -Lukeyxx

The whole day seemed to move slower than I could help. The periods stretched long. All I wanted to do was see Luke; to see those bluer than the sky eyes, his blonde hair that always was up just right to show off his beautiful face. I just needed to see him.

I found myself thinking more and more of Luke as they days past. The more I got to know him, the more I thought of him. I remember what dad had said that first night I came home.

I walked in the door with a smile plastered on my face.

"Look who's back," Dad said, a smirk stuck on his. "How was it?"

I placed my lip between my teeth as I walked to him. He sat at the breakfast nook, a scotch in hand and a book laid on the table. He looked so father-like. It was nice.

I leaned my arms on the counter as I stood with my head resting against my hand. "You were right."

"Hm?" He asked, his face a little scrunched. "Right about what, sweetie?"

"Dad," I said. "He was honestly Luke Hemmings."

As soon as I said it, my dads mouth actually fell open. I wasn't sure if he was going to scream or cry. "S-Seriously?" He said so entirely dumbfounded. I nodded and pulled out my phone, showing him a picture of Luke and I taken by Luke outside the Williams' Law Firm. He said he 'wanted to remember this day forever'.

My father looked like he couldn't breathe. I just laughed slightly and went over to the refrigerator, grabbing myself a bottle of water. "That's amazing!" He yelled, nearly making me drop my drink. I laughed and looked back over at him.

"Maybe you'll get to meet Michael now," he said. Now it was my turn to scrunch my face.

"What?" I asked, staring at him.