Chapter Two: Changes

As the beautiful avonlea fall swept past them Anne was presented with a whole new palace. This one more big and beautiful than her ever so dear green gables. Instead of kind daisies and wide dark vibrant waters to a brand new beauty, trees of concrete that reached for the skylines as if there life's depended upon the Never ending sky of musty blue. Anne looked upon the streets and suddenly felt under dressed for her car ride. They were all painted with such complexity and color that it was hard to imagine two people having the same outfit at once.

As Anne was daydreaming as always, the Cuthberts finally pulled into there very dear old friends beautiful upper East Side town house. Marilla looked up at the building unsure if she was doing the right thing moving here on a whim. She just knew she couldn't miss out on any more of this golden age cooped up in a farm for the rest of her life. She exhaled in relief and stepped out of the buggy.
"Marilla!" a loud but homely voice called from descending the marble staircase.
"Eliza how are you oh my how I've missed you" Marilla pulled away from the hug and turned back to Anne. "This is Anne...she's my adopted daughter" Eliza smiled and bent to Anne's eye level "anne it is very nice to meet you"

"H-hi" a tiny voice sounded from behind Eliza a girl with long raven hair peeled out at Anne. Anne was instantly struck with envey when she saw how pretty the girl was. 'How come I can't have gorgeous raven hair and a soft complexion? Why must I of all people be cursed with this horrid red hair'.
"Nice to meet you, your hair is ever so beautiful" Anne said longingly. The girl giggled and grabbed Anne's hand, "come on! I'll show your room you'll be sleeping with me!"

That night Anne had trouble going to bed. As much as she wanted to she couldn't shake Jerry he was her best friend from the minute she arrived at green gables...being here...without him just felt so wrong. Diana Took a notice to her new friends VERY apparent sorrow.

"Anne are you alright?" Diana said lighting the oil lamp. "I-I'm fine" Anne gave a fake smile. Her voice sounded brittle. "Oh Anne I might not have known you for long but I have a feeling your not being totally honest." Those were the words that finally did it for her she bursted into tears.

That night Anne and Diana talked about everything. Jerry, the farm, school, new schools, fear, anxiety the whole nine yards.
'Maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought' a thought to herself.

AYEEE SECOND PART TONIGHT IMMA TRY TO GET TO CHAPTER TEN PRE WRITTEN SO I CAN POST THE CHAPTERS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!