Interview with Chosen Teen Fiction author

Floats is this month's chosen chick-lit author.

Wattzy: What inspired you to write Underdogs?

Floats: My love for football and the sudden urge to push someone down the stairs (I promise I'm not a psychopath, they were just being annoying).

Wattzy: Did you expect Underdogs to be a top humor and Teen Fiction novel?

Floats: I totally, not for one second did. I mean, I would hope that maybe one day it would do well, but I never thought it would be what it is today.

Wattzy: Do you find it easy to write the humor found in this novel?

Floats: Yeah, since most of it is my sense of humor. Arden is really similar to me in a lot of ways so it's not hard to write.

Wattzy: Do you have a editor or do you upload you chapter's unedited?

Floats:  Totally unedited, which explains the massive amounts of mistakes (sorry).

Wattzy: Would you want to find yourself in the spot Arden is right now or when she found out she had to be Levi's butler almost?

Floats: Right now, definitely.

Wattzy: Why?

Floats: Things are kind of looking up for her right now, at the point she was told she had to help Levi out her life kind of totally sucked. It hasn't become enviable, but it's definitely better than it was.

Wattzy: If you could change anything about this book, what would it be?

Floats: This is actually a really challenging question since it's the one book so far that I've actually thought is going along well. But probably the overall smoothness of the writing; I think faster than I type so I miss a lot of stuff that I think made it in there, but didn't actually.

Wattzy: Is there going to be a second book, a chronicle book or is this the only book in this series?

Floats: I'm thinking a spin-off will happen with Zeke, since the readers seem to love him almost as much as I do.

Wattzy: Do you plan every chapter or do you write with the flow?

Floats: I have a really, really loose chapter-by-chapter plan. I'll use it to make sure the book has at least some direction, but most of it is just random.

Wattzy: What advice do you have to undiscovered Teen Fiction writers out there?

Floats: Don't ever get caught up in the need to have tons of fans, reads and votes and write only for you. If you wouldn't read it, you shouldn't attempt to write it.

Catch the book Review next. Just don't fall down any stairs to get it (Pun intended).

© 2014 by J. Barnes and A. Wolmarans.