ocean eyes

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. TEN 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

song recommendation: ocean eyes - billie eilish

Jungwoo smiles proudly at me after announcing himself as my boyfriend. Eyes widening, my cheeks feel hot suddenly.

"Doyoung, you just said that he wasn't-" Jaehyun starts to contradict Jungwoo but a loud crash outside of the cafe cuts him off. "What was that?" Peering out of the window, Jaehyun's face drops. He rushes out of the cafe to the source of the noise, and Jungwoo and I move to watch.

An upturned bicycle rests on the footpath, with a distraught looking boy next to it. Hissing out of pain, he brings his hand to his bleeding knee. He must've fallen from his bike.

"T-Taeyong? Are you hurt?" Jaehyun crouches beside the boy, before throwing himself onto him. Taeyong grunts as Jaehyun crushes him in a hug.

I feel like I've seen Taeyong before.

Jungwoo waves at the black-haired boy, who waves back. "Long time no see, uwu boy." Taeyong finally speaks.

"You too, Ice King." They hug briefly before Jaehyun snatches Taeyong back.

My Virtual Boyfriend. Taeyong is a virtual boy.

"Jaehyun why didn't you tell me you had a virtual boyfriend?" Jaehyun's face pales as he unwraps himself from Taeyong.

"How did you know?"

"Because I have one too." Lacing my fingers with Jungwoo's, he rests his head on my shoulder. Taeyong relatches onto Jaehyun. "How long have you been dating?"

"A couple of months now."

"And you didn't tell me? How rude."

"I thought you would've been weirded out by it, but clearly not. Also, did any weird stuff happen to you when you downloaded it?"

I think back to the dream I had of Jungwoo drowning and cringe a little. The taste of salt, fresh on my tongue, makes me shiver in discomfort. His scared expression, eyes wide in fear, will always haunt me.

"A couple of things were weird, but I think the app wasn't developed properly." Jaehyun narrows his eyes slightly at my answer.

"So nothing like being trapped in a burning building?" Crossing his arms, he stares at me curiously. Taeyong nudges Jaehyun and I shake my head. "You didn't have to save Jungwoo in any way?"

The sound of waves crashing comes to mind again.

"Doyoung did save me from drowning once but I don't think he remembers it that well." Jungwoo casually states, swinging our linked hands.

"It wasn't a dream?"

A/N

some things are better off as dreams ;))

I'm so sorry for the long wait,, I promise I'll get better at uploading more frequently. Thank you so much for 900 reads!! You all are so amazing and I love you ♡♡♡♡♡♡

I have no idea where this book is going so brace yourself for a bumpy ride ahead

- c