Chapter 38

"What are you planning to order Kookie?" Taehyung asked, his eyes focused on the menu. "Kookie?" he asked again. When he didn't get a reply, he looked around and finally noticed that Jungkook was not with him.

'Yah! Where did this boy go?!' he grumbled as he handed the menu back to the cashier and walked out of the restaurant.

As he was walking towards the shop where they bought the gift, he noticed Jungkook coming out, stuffing a box inside his bag.

"Hey! What took you so long?!" Taehyung asked catching up with the other.

Jungkook looked slightly flustered. 'Did he see the gift I got him?' he thought, hoping he hadn't spoiled the surprise.

"Uh... I was just checking a few things at the store" Jungkook lied as confidently as he could. Luckily, Taehyung was extremely hungry and didn't question him further.

The two went back to the restaurant, both inhaling the delicious smell of roasted meat.

"I think I can eat a whole chicken!" Taehyung laughed, rubbing his stomach as they waited in line to place their orders.

Jungkook smiled at that thought. Taehyung was a very picky eater. He always struggled to finish a small burger, the thought of him finishing a whole chicken, was just a huge exaggeration.

"Well, I doubt that!" Jungkook spoke with a hint of a challenge, receiving one of Taehyung's signature death glares. He wasn't in a mood to fight with the other, all he could think about was some tasty food.

Jungkook instantly stopped laughing, not wanting to get hit by the other.

Soon, their turn came.

"What would you like to order?" the cashier asked with a bored smile.

"Uh, I would like a whole roast chicken with honey mustard sauce." Taehyung answered.

"Sir, the whole chicken serves six, are you sure you'd like that?" the cashier questioned, noticing that there were only two boys.

Taehyung thought for a moment, confused at what he could order. Jungkook felt the same. There were too many items in the menu to choose from.

The cashier was getting impatient, the line behind the pair was growing longer.

"Sir, I would suggest you two to go for the couple pack. It serves two, most couples opt for that." She suggested with a forced smile on her face.

Jungkook and Taehyung froze.

'Couple?'.

Jungkook was the first to speak, "Haha... we're not a couple" he laughed, trying to keep it cool. "But we'll go for this pack, thank you!" Taehyung piped in, paying for the meal.

The two quickly made their way to an empty table and sat down opposite each other.

It felt incredibly awkward.

The same question ran through their minds. Were they so close, that they gave off such vibes?

Why would the cashier assume they were a couple? Why didn't she think they were just two friends hanging out together? Both of them were overthinking by this point.

But they also had another common thought, how would things be if, they actually were together?

Not just as friends, but something more?