chapter 3

I flipped the sign to close and stretched out my muscles. I moved outside and waited for Tammy to close the door and then we started going home. We usually close by six which was early but the weather was dark and colder which showed signs of rain. "Ugh! Can't we like have some sun Woodall!" I laughed and pulled my sweater tighter around me as the breeze started to increase. "That's like asking to fly" I stated and she turned and playfully glared at me. "Still it will be nice, i can't believe your family are to going to England and because of Cj you don't get to go" Groaning i nodded "I know right, this was my chance to finally see another place apart from Oklahoma and because of a depressed man, i don't get to see it", we reached the crossroads and i said goodbye to her as i took left and she took right.

I walked quickly, my black boots hitting the gravel and making sounds. "Good evening Helga" I turned and stare at the person who had called me "Hello Robert" I forced a smile and watched with dread as he came towards me. "You look beautiful, i really like your sweater and i was hoping that you'll consider my feelings for you, I'd really like to take you out" he stated and i just sighed
"Not this again Rob, i told you I'm not interested, you're a great guy but I'm not looking for a relationship right now" I stated and his shoulders slumped at the rejection and he walked away.

I watched him and shook my head. He was really attractive but without a job, he practically live in his parents basement and smells of butter and nutmeg. I shrugged my shoulders and continued my journey home.

......
I opened the door and moved in. I removed my boots and kept it near the door. I shivered as my feet touched the cold surface of the floor and moved further inside. "I'm home" i stated and siblings were already seated at the dining table. I just removed my sweater and threw in at the nearest couch. I took my seat and waited impatiently "I'm starving!" Groaning I'd clutched my stomach and heard my dad chuckle from behind me "hi lost boy, how was work?" I smiled at the nickname and turned to look at him. I would only read Peter pan as a child and would talk about the lost boys which got me that nickname "same old, the same routine i guess" I stated and he sat next to me. I sat facing the table again and then my mother came with dinner which consisted of chicken stew and white rice with freshly squeezed orange juice.

"Join hands and lets say our prayers" we all joined hands and waited for my dad to say the prayers "bless this food lord, guide and protect us all the days of our lives". We all said amen like in a chorus and then commence eating.

After we were done, we all went to the sitting room and started binge watching our favorite shows and when the clock stroked ten, i went to bed, too tired to change into my nightgown.

~~*~~
My alarm beeped and i quickly stopped it. I opened my eyes and sighed. The day was was finally here. My family were leaving for England and i can't help but feel jealous that i won't be coming with them.

I climbed out of bed and removed my yesterday's clothing. I pulled a bathrobe on and went to the bathroom. After doing the necessary morning ritual, i went back to my room to get ready.

I decided to wear a black trouser with pink sweater and white sneakers.
I brushed my hair and applied makeup. The door to my room burst open and Molly ran and gave me a hug "it's here! It's finally here!" She rolled me around and i laughed. "Someone's excited,now hurry up and get ready you know your flight is for eight" her eyes widened and she gave me a quick kiss on the cheeks before dashing off. I followed her to the hallway and saw Tommy all dressed and carrying his luggage "wow I'm shocked that you're ready" I stated and he just looked at me with a bright smile. "It's England!, i can't wait to tell my friends at school when i come back, they'll be so jealous!" He stated and i just sighed and walked to the kitchen. I prepared breakfast  but everyone was too busy to eat so i just ate my share and covered the rest.

I looked at the time and it was seven thirty. "Time to go guys!" I stated and went outside. I help them load their luggage and then smiled and waved goodbye as the door disappeared from my line of vision.

I went back inside and entered my siblings room, making sure that i turn off the lights and other electrical appliance. The place was so quiet and tears welled up in my eyes as thought about being alone for three more days.

I watched a little television and then when it was eight, i decided to be on my way to Tammy's . I switched off the TV and then grabbed my bag. I closed the door behind me and set off to Tammy's.

The loud noise of a plane could be heard and i quickly looked up to see it glide through the sky and disappeared from sight. I smiled and continued my journey.

......
"Come on Tam's its time to leave" again i was waiting on Tammy and she decided to be extra late today. I came to her house around eight and now it's about fifteen minutes to nine.

"I'm coming" she emerged and i just rolled my eyes. We moved quickly to the restaurant, not even sparing time to chat and we made it three in fifteen minutes. "Hurry! Customers will be here at any time" Tammy fumbled with the keys and then finally we were in.

I quickly wiped the tables and chairs while Tammy went to the kitchen. When i was done, i flipped the closed sign to open and waited for my first customer. "H-helga!" I quickly ran to the kitchen and Tammy was staring at the phone "Tammy what happened?" I asked and she didn't reply "What's wrong!" I stated and her expression made me scared. She slowly handed me her phone and i quickly took it. I looked at it and froze. Plane crash. Accident. No survivors!. I heard Tammy calling me but i didn't respond as everything went black.

______________________________________
I didn't want to kill the characters but the story can press forward without their absence. :(

So sorry for Helga.