chapter 10

I reached home and just straight to my room and then looked at the card which the man gave to me. I smiled. I just pray tomorrow works out and i get a job. After taking my bath, i wore my pyjamas and then went to bed but not before securing the lock.

The next morning, i got up around 7am and then did my daily routine. I detangle my kinky hair. I pulled it into a bun and then did my edges. To look professional i wore a white shirt and then a black skirt with black flats. I went outside and there the 'family' was all sittings down on their asses watch television. I rolled my eyes slowly. "Um..Aunt Tilly, I've gotten a new job so I'm heading there" they all turned to stare at me. "That's nice dear", her smile looks so forced. The tv show got caught by a broadcast.

We interrupt this program to sound a reward for whoever can identify the killer of Mr Robinson who was shot yesterday at a busy street. He is survived by his wife and children who want answers and justice.

I stared at teddy and sure enough his body was tense. I quickly averted my eyes before he caught me staring. My mind was in turmoil, I was scared that if I tell the police he would comes after me but if I don't tell the police...that man's family would not find justice for him. I quickly went out when they were distracted.

I caught a bus to the restaurant which was quite far, it took me an hour to get there. The place was huge and I felt a little intimidated. I walked in and met a lady there. She flashed me a smiled "welcome to restaurant bonaducci, do you have a reservation?" She asked and I shook my head "no", I brought out Noah's card "I was told to come here for a job opening". Realization crossed her face "oh! Yes we're expecting you, come with me". I smiled and followed her to a backroom. She showed me a locker with the name 'Helga willows' on it. I stared at it stunned.  "Do you have restaurant experience?" She stated and i nodded "a little back in my hometown I worked as a waitress in a restaurant". She nodded "okay you'll do that, change into the uniform in the locker and meet me", she smiled and left.

I opened the locker and a waitress outfit was there. I picked it and removed my clothe. I quickly put it on. It was a fitted gown which stopped at my knee and the front of it had pockets. There was a small mirror in my locker so I quickly checked out my appearance satisfied with it. I went back to meet the woman. She took me to the back of the kitchen area. She rang a bell and everyone stopped what they were doing. "Everyone this is Helga Willows the new waitress, please treat her with respect and show her the ropes" she smiled and me and left. "Hi, I'm Destiny" I turned to see a lady who was also putting on my kind of outfit "I'm Helga, nice to meet you" she smiled at me and the rest of the people gave me friendly smiles. She took my hands and showed me around the place. I smiled and made mental notes of everything. Some people entered the restaurant and sat at different tables. "It's time" she walked to towards a couple table and I did to the other. "Welcome to restaurant bonaducci, may i take your order?" The man picked up a menu. He ordered 3 dishes and gave me the menu card. I wrote down the three dishes and went to the kitchen handing the order to a chef. I opened the menu card and my eyes widened at how expensive the dishes are and this man ordered 3.

Within a minute the food has all been dished out and placed on a tray. I wheeled out out and served the three. "Will that be all?" I asked and the man smirked at his lady companion who in turn giggled. "Give me your best wine and two bottles of water" I nodded and wheeled the empty tray back to the kitchen.  A male waiter was sent to deliver the wine and water to them.
"I'm sorry my job is to serve them, yours Is to get their orders" I smiled at him when he came back "oh that's good I'm Helga" I stated " Malchi, nice to meet you... I have to go now Catch you later" he left and I resumed my work.

I worked for about two hours before i was told to go on a break. I went to the dressing room and sat down. I sighed and cracked my back. My shift will end by five o'clock and I couldn't be more happier as it would give me more opportunity to explore other options. Destiny enter and looked at me with slight fear. "What's wrong?" I asked "the boss wants to see you....Mr bonaducci" I felt a little nervous but I stood up and arranged myself.

"Where Is his office?" I asked and she gave me the direction, she grabbed my hand  "word of advice keep your distance" I stared at her shocked. Did she think I want to seduce him. She must have read my expression because she shook her head  "it's not that way...I mean he doesn't like people who to be close to him, he especially doesn't like to be touched. My friend Tabby wanted to have a go at him because he's handsome, she touched him hand and immediately he broke into a sweat he physically pushed her away from him and she had a nasty fall...long story short she got fired and I lost contact with her. The bonaducci brothers are as dangerous as can be...just don't get on their bad side" I was a little skeptical at what she said but I nodded and went to find the boss office. He always seemed to be wearing leather gloves but I remember he has hugged me before....then again his chest wasn't bare. I have a feeling that Destiny isn't telling me all but I won't disturb her. I just need to stay on his good side.

===========

Have a nice evening because it's 7:52pm here.

Comment your time zones

And please

Vote

Comment

Shareeee