chapter 9

After my shift was over i took the train back to my house  but my mind was still plagued with heavy curiosity. How much powers do those guys possess?. I decided to just push the thought out of my head as i arrived at my destination. I quickly walked home and walked through the front door. I looked around and and saw Teddy on the sofa doing drugs which I'm not even sure that legal. Aunt Tilly came from the kitchen accompanied by Tina, Toni and Tiffany. I greeted all of them and they just hummed a response. I was about to head to my room when i heard my name. "Helga dear, please there's no more vegetables and some other groceries. Take this money and buys some" I forced a smile and took the money and a list that was handed over to me. I looked at the list as i headed out the door and the money was short on two things which i know she expected me to pay for so i just sighed and headed to the store.

This supermarket was much bigger than the one i was used to so i just asked for directions on how to get to different segment of the place.

Finally i got everything on the list and headed to the sales girl to check out. After i paid for the products. I walked back home but slowly this time. I walked by a narrow road here dump was being placed and then suddenly i heard what looks like a gunshot. I quickly paused and look at a man that was on the floor with someone standing over him. People were screaming and then i heard police sirens. The hooded one quickly ran but when breeze blew his hoodie away from his head and seeing those tattoos on his face i knew it was teddy!.  I quickly went home and delivered the product to aunt Tilly and rushed to my room. Few minutes later the main door open and closed with a loud bang. I opened my room door slowly and sure enough Teddy walked into the bathroom wearing the same hoodie that i saw on the killer. I went back to my room and locked the door. Many thoughts were going through my mind but i managed to slip into a fitful sleep.

The next day, i quickly bathed, dressed and went to work. I was cleaning the counter when the same group of guys walked in and as usual they went through a black door that i didn't notice. I looked at the time and it was still early. I looked up and saw that Devon was struggling with a tray filled with Expensive wine and electric cigarettes. I rushed toward him and stopped the tray from tipping just in time. "Thanks Helga" I smiled and grabbed two bottles. "Here, I'll carry this. The tray looks a little heavy for you" He face became pale and he looks as if he was going to protest but i stopped him. "Hey! No need, its the least i can do after all you got me this job" He just sighed and walked toward the black door and i held tightly to the bottle of wines and followed after him.

The inside of  the room was like a club. Everything in side was black, from the walls to the black marble table but the light inside was a dim white. The place is filled with the smell of expensive perfumes and just plain affluence. I waited for Devon to set the things on the table and followed suit. "Haven't seen you before" I looked up and studied each guy face to see who has spoke but it was difficult as they were all poker faced so i just ignored the question. As Devon was going out i followed suit but not before looking back at the one who's dressed in all black.

I came out and didn't realize i was holding my breath until felt light headed. I quickly let out a series of breath. "Thanks again" i quickly looked to my side and Devon was there. "Happy to help!". I quickly returned to the ticket boot and awaited customers.

~*~
It was time for my break and i was about to head out to get stuff from a nearby donut shop when i was stop by a huge commotion outside. It all happened in a blur. One moment i was trying to find out the source of the commotion, the next i find my self on the floor. It was all static as i Pulled myself up. I saw people running around and then the fire alarm went off. I shouted for Devon but i couldn't here my voice off all the commotion.

I felt my head and it was wet. I look at my fingers and it was stained with blood. The sound of gunshots being fired was everywhere. My hand was grabbed and i was pulled further into the cinema. I only managed to feel leather, which meant the person was wearing gloves and then i could breath well. I looked around and we were at the back of an abandoned truck. I looked up and saw that it was the guy at the cinema. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Thank you so much" he nodded and looked at me fully. He used his gloved hand and touched my head. "It just a scratch. One you apply disinfectant you'll be fine. I suddenly remembered Devon and stared widely at him " we have to go back! Devon is still there, my boss and-" he cut me off and "they are all fine, my brothers took care of it" I sighed in relief and looked at him gratefully "My name is Helga willows" he nodded and adjusted his glasses "Noah. Noah bonaducci". A jeep pulled off and then some men came out. He pointed to a street. "come. I'll drop you home". I nodded and followed him. I told him the address and he orders his men to take us there.

"There was an attack on the cinema and unfortunately it has been damage. You'll have to find another job." I felt my heart squeeze as everything that has happened in this past months came crashing down. A tear slip and then another and soon i was a sobbing mess. "H-hey are you okay. Pls st-stop crying". I was pulled into a hard chest and that made me cry more. After a while I stopped and wiped my face " th-thank yo-you", because of my sniffles i couldn't make my word complete and i noticed that we weren't moving. "Pls take my card. I own a restaurant. If you need a job pls come to me okay?" I took the card and mumbled a thank you. I got out of the car and manage a small bye as the car drove away. Well once life closes a door, there's a saying that a window is probably opened

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you guys so much for being patient. So sorry for not updating.

Well the story of Helga and Noah is starting and its going to be one hell of a ride.

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Share

-bolueniola