TWENTY - ONE

SONG: ELLIE GOULDING - BEATING HEART
_______________________________________________

It's 1:00 o'clock in the morning and I was standing in front of the church.

I don't know how I got here but I was here.

The doors to the church were slightly ajar like someone was waiting for my arrival.

'Is this a dream? This can't be real— it has to be a set up.' My subconscious said.

I was glad to know that I wasn't the only one thinking that all of this is a setup. Catherine was strong enough to sneak into peoples dreams and make people do what she wants, but the question is why? Why would Catherine bring me to church, a church that doesn't connect to either me or her.

And even if it wasn't Catherine, and it was my dreams, why would it send me to church. What does the church have that I need.

Their were so many questions that I needed to be answered and the only was to get those answers were to enter the church.

I placed my hand on knob and opened the door. My hand immediately began to burn but I didn't pay any attention to it.

Every step I took my chest got heavier. It was cold and the only source of light were the blue and red candles that illuminated the church

The statue of Jesus on the cross stared down at me as I tried to walk toward it. Soon the statue began to bleed from the punctures that Romans caused after crucifying him.

Their weren't any windows but yet I felt wind brush my hair back. Ever step I took the wind got stronger, so strong that it was starting to pull me back. So strong that candle blew out.

I fell to my knees and tried to crawl but it went working.

"Please don't turn from me God. Please." I cried holding my head down.

"I know what I am, I know what I'm mixed with. I know I've done some unholy things, but that doesn't define me. Please, I need someone to talk to, I need answer." I cried.

The heavy feeling on my chest vanish and the wind stopped. I looked up and saw that the Jesus stopped bleeding.

"Thank you." I said wiping the tears from my face.

My body was shaking, and I was beyond scared, but I'm happy that he didn't kick me out.

I slowly got up, my legs still shaking, before I brushed my hands off and sat in one of the rows. I closed my eyes and put my head down before I began to pray.

I told God about everything that was going on.

I was so caught in the moment that I didn't notice the ray of light that was peeking through the window above. It wasn't until I had to itch my eyes that I saw the light shinning on me.

 It wasn't until I had to itch my eyes that I saw the light shinning on me