2

Alyssa's POV:

I left the small cafe that evening with a permanent smile on my face. Even if you tried to smack it off of me, I was almost positive it would still be there. I drove with my windows down, letting the hot air hit my face and flow through my hair. I blasted my music as I listened to 'Sixteen' by Thomas Rhett and I sang the lyrics at the top of my lungs.

Approximately twenty minutes after driving I finally reached my house to see my parents finally home with both their cars parked in the driveway, leaving me no space, and being forced to park by the curb in the street. I parked my car in a swift motion and jumped out, taking my purse with me.

I walked up the driveway, the sweet smell of the small trees and the flower bed filling my nostrils. The grass was damp and it was a beautiful shade of green, not one yellow patch in it. I made my way up to the porch and pulled my keys out of my purse, unlocking and opening the door for myself. The scent of spaghetti hit my face as soon as I walked in and I was more excited for dinner than I had been in a while.

"I'm home!" I called out walking to the kitchen and putting my keys and purse down on the dining table. I walked over to my mom by the stove and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hi, hun. Where've you been all day?" My mom asked.

"Nowhere. Just stopped by the cafe to say hi to Alex and meet up with a friend."
"Oh ok. How was Alex? Working hard?"
I scoffed, "More like hardly working!" I said jokingly.
Mom gave a small laugh.

"Where's dad?"
"He's in the backyard with Bruno"

I made my way to the backyard to go greet my dad. I opened the door and was met with the slobbery feeling of my dog, Bruno's tongue licking my foot. He was a chocolate Labrador and was an amazing pet. I said hello to Bruno and pet him before I went up to my dad.

"Hey dad!"
"Hey, gumdrop! Where've you been?"
"The cafe with Alex"
"That's good"
"Yeah"

My phone dinged signaling I had a text message. I pulled it out of my back pocket and looked at it to see a missed message from Alex that read,
I don't have a shift tomorrow, can I stop by ur place and we can't talk about Noah? ;)

I laughed as I silently read Noah's name. And replied to Alex saying that I was fine with that.

Mom called called me and Dad inside to eat. We sat at the small dining table in the kitchen and ate our dinner.
-----------------------------------------------

For the rest of the night, after dinner, I listened to music in my room, and got ready for bed. I threw my hair up in a messy bun. I don't like my hair in my face, even when I sleep, I know it sounds crazy!, but it's true!

I turned off my music, the sound of 'Tequila' by Dan and Shay slowly fading from my speaker and filling my room and ears with nothing but silence.

-----------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone ringing like crazy! I lazily rubbed my eyes, groaning as I reached for my phone. The caller ID showed that Alex was calling, and I hesitantly answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said groggily
"What the hell are you still doing asleep?"
"It's too early"
"I beg to fucking differ! Get your ass up, I'm coming over so we can talk about your boy toy!"
"Shut up. And he's not my boy toy!"
"Like hell he isn't!"
"He isn't!"
"Whatever makes you sleep at night"
"You know what doesn't make me, or let me sleep?! You calling me!"
"Damn, feisty much?"
"You know I'm not a morning person!"
"Alright, lazy ass. Get up I'm almost there"
"Bye, asshole" I muttered
"I heard that!" She yelled.