Chapter 6

Dovepaw's brow furrowed as she listened to the strange prophecy Ravenfrost had explained. The silver bird will fall on the night on the darkest day?  What does that mean? "Dovepaw? Dovepaw!" Dovepaw whipped around. "Huh?" She asked, confused. "I was asking you if you'd like to visit me and the kits tomorrow," Poppyblaze explained. Dovepaw nodded, her attention still on Pinestar and Ravenfrost.

What could it mean?
*
*
*
Dovepaw woke up in a forest she had never seen before. Moonlight gave the trees a silver glow, and leaves rustled in the breeze. "Hello?" She called. Suddenly, a beautiful russet tabby she-cat stepped out of the shadows, her sky blue eyes sparkling. "Greetings," She meowed calmly. Dovepaw jumped in surprise. "Wh-who are you??" She exclaimed. The cat just looked at her as if it was obvious. "I am Robindusk. I was Thunderclans medicine cat before Ravenfrost." Dovepaw's brow furrowed. "Was?" She asked. Robindusk licked down some of her fur. "I died protecting my brother when a fox broke into camp." Dovepaw's eyes widened. "Y-you're dead?!" Robindusk stared at her. "Didn't you know? I'm from Starclan. You're dreaming, little one." Dovepaw was confused. "I thought Starclan only came to special cats?" She meowed. "You are special," Robindusk said quietly. "And judging by what's in the future for you, you need a safe place." "What's in the future for me?!" Dovepaw worried. Robindusk stayed silent, only saying, "I believe someone is waiting for you."

Dovepaw opened her mouth to say something, but she was already plunging into darkness.
*
*
*
Dovepaw woke up in a cold sweat, breathing hard. Shaking herself off, she stepped out of her nest, knowing she wouldn't be getting sleep anytime soon. Waiting for me? She wondered, blinking the sleep from her eyes. Suddenly she remembered. Hazelpaw! She ran as fast as she could out of camp.

Leaves crackling underfoot, Dovepaw headed to the great oak. Finally, she came into the clearing where the giant tree srood. Panting, she looked around for her friend. "Hazelpaw?" She called out feebly. Silence greeted her. Sighing, she was about to go back to camp when she heard a whisper fom the bushes.

"Over here!"

Bounding over to the cluster of plants, Dovepaw looked down to see her friend crouching. "Get down!" She hissed. Dovepaw quickly bent down by her. "What is it?" She whispered. Hazelpaw only pointed. Dovepaw looked around, and then she saw it.

Nettlepaw.

But she wasn't alone. A dark ginger tabby stood in front of her. He looked about the age of a good, strong warrior, someone like Oakheart or Lilacbreeze. Dovepaw could only make out bits and pieces of what they were saying.
"Did anyone --- you?
"Not that I ---- --."
"Good."
Dovepaw strained to hear, but couldn't. "We've got to get closer..." She muttered to herself. She started to creep forward, but Hazelpaw shook her head vigorously. Dovepaw stepped back, confused. Usually Hazelpaw was more adventurous.
"Are ---- here yet?"
"Yes, ---- ---- yesterday."
"Make sure to get ----- to ----."
"Don't -----. I will."
With that, the two cats departed. Hazelpaw inhaled sharply as Nettlepaw almost walked through their bush; then sighed with relief as her sister continued straight. After the two had walked a long ways away (the tabby going the opposite direction) the apprentices climbed out of the bush, Hazelpaw turning to her. "What was that?" Dovepaw asked. "I came here to meet you, but then I saw Nettlepaw talking to that strange cat. I would have gone closer....but there's something about that tom that freaks me out. He just seems so....malicious." Dovepaw looked at her. "What did they say before I got here?" Hazelpaw shook her head. "Not much. You didn't get here long after me." "So...." Dovepaw meowed. "What did you originally want to talk to me about?" Hazelpaw looked her dead in the eye.

"We have to follow Nettlepaw."

Hey there! So I know I originally said there would be a lot of Windclan cats in this chapter, but then I remembered about Hazelpaw and Dovepaw's meeting and the direction it was taking didn't seem like the right one for that. I'll do it soon though. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment (sorry I'm so needy)