Chapter 8

Just a side note, this is from Dawnstripe's POV so this chapter will be a bit different. Tell me if I should continue doing this or not, I'm not sure

Pinkit leapt onto Dawnstripe's flicking tail, digging her tiny claws into it. "Ouch!" Her mother yelped, nudging the tortiseshell she-cat off it. "What did I tell you about jumping onto my tail?" "But it's good for my hunting skills!" Pinkit whined. Dawnstripe purred. "Ah, fine, you can. But no claws!" She warned as the kit leapt onto her. Suddenly, Owlcloud walked into the nursery, her long brown tail flicking. Shiverkit, who had been sleeping in the nest with her two brothers, Icekit and Darkkit, woke up with a yawn. Snuggling deeper into the nest, she purred deeply. "Are you coming to nap with us, mommy?" Owlcloud smiled weakly, looking at the pale gray kit, her dark gray stripes spreading like paint across her back. "Mommy will soon, she just has some work to do," She said wearily. Dawnstripe looked at the fellow queen sympathetically.

Ever since she'd had kits with a cat outside of the clan, Owlcloud had been working endlessly. After falling in love with a rougue, Ben, she had had his kits. Long story short, he had left her after finding out she was pregnant, and the distressed shecat had told the clan, resulting in some of the cats no longer trusting her. Now she was always working herself harder than she should at being deputy, while trying to take good care of her kits in the process. Although almost the whole clan had forgiven her now, she still worked herself harder than she should, resulting in a tired, bony cat with matted fur and dull eyes. Dawnstripe couldn't help but pity her; the young shecat had gone through a lot.

Kestrelfur stepped into the nursery, her brown tabby fur shining. She cast a glance over at Owlcloud, her eyes glistening with affection. "Rain is coming soon, so I brought you two some prey before it all gets wet. Owlcloud looked down at it, reluctantly shaking her head. "I-I can't...I have duties to fulfill..." Her sister blocked the exit, shaking her head. "Owlcloud, you've been working yourself too hard, and you know it. It's my responsibility as your sister to keep you healthy and happy, and right now, that isn't happening. So you're gonna stay in the nursery, eat some food, and have some quality time with your kits." Dawnstripe stared at Kestrelfur in awe. She had always admired how the usually calm and collected warrior could revert to open and demanding in seconds. She suddenly remembered the huge crush she had had on Kestrelfur as an apprentice. She shook herself vigorously. No, you love Redbranch!

But did she really?
*
*
*
That night, Dawnstripe stared outside at the rain, her kits curled up next to her. Her feelings were confused and so was her life. She had been born as a rougue and taken into Windclan at apprentice age, aquired a best friend, Redbranch, who was now her mate, and had 3 kits with him. She couldn't back out now!

Not when somebody finally loved her.

Let me know if you want me to continue with other cats POV's or just stick with Dovepaw! If I do other POV'S, Dovepaw will still be the main character while other POV'S will vary! Anyways, thanks for reading!