Chapter 4- "A Battle"

Hai people! So, some people got really excited about my book and begged me to update...so...yeah. I update.

Enjoy!I'm just going to tell you know, that I am going to be making up the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in this Book. The Champion will be the same as the games and so will be the towns, but the Gym Leaders are going to be different.

Enjoy!

~~~

I exit the Pokemon Lab only to be blasted with a sudden burst of water. Drenched, I inspect the area, looking for the culprit. My soaked hair lay sprawled in front of my face. I pull it away when I see a boy running towards me. It was the boy from the Lab who chose the Mudkip. What was his name? I think it was Runner. He brushed his hand his short black bangs out of his forest green eyes. "I'm sorry. I was training with my Mudkip and...hey? Weren't you that girl in the Lab?"

I fling water at him. He laughs. "Yes I was." I laugh too as he wipes the water off his face. "And, uh, you were the overexcited boy who chose the Mudkip?" 

"That was me!" He extends his arms, presenting himself. He has a few zits under his eyes and freckles spread across his cheeks. He wore a black and orange jacket and matching shorts. "And this must be your Shuppet?" Shuppet looks away in disgust. Runner and I both chuckle.

I fold my arms. "I should tell you something. Your Mudkip may be able to blast us with water, but Shuppet is able to blast you with all the powers of Hell!" A black mist forms around Shuppet and she scowls at Runner. His eyes widen and he takes a few steps back. I laugh hysterically. "I'm just teasing, stop taking everything so seriously!" 

"Hey," he utters. "I know this is a bit early and we have gotten off on bad terms, but, let's have a Pokemon battle!" I have never battled before. I've seen Shuppet use some of her attacks before, but I've never used them. But, first time for everything. I bob my head, accepting his request. 

We hurry to a nearby open field, surrounded by daisies. We each claim one end of the field. His hands at his hips, he shouts,"You ready....uh...I just realized, I never caught your name." He rubs the back of his, embarrassed. 

I giggle as I reply, "Dream."

"Alright then. You ready, Dream?" He throws the Pokeball and a blue Pokemon with fins at it's limbs appears from it. An ocean blue was on it's top and a lighter blue in the stomach area. And coming out of it's cheeks were orange gills. A Mudkip. "Cause Tsunami and I sure are. By the way, I gave him a nickname."

I flash Shuppet a smile. "Let's go Shuppet." My Ghost Pokemon nods in agreement. She flies out into the middle of the field and growls at the Mudkip. 

"Well aren't you confident?" And just like that, we began the battle. "Tsunami, use Mud-Slap!" My opponent commanded. Mudkip turned right and threw mud from the ground with it's tail. The dirt flew through the air headed straight for Shuppet. 

I smirk. I may not be an experienced trainer, but even I know that wasn't a good move. However, it does lower one's accuracy. "Okay Shuppet, pull away, and get 'em with a Screech attack." As commanded, Shuppet hovers gracefully into the air, evading the attack easily. As it is in high in the air, it sends a piercing Screech attack through the air. I know that this attack lowers a Pokemon defense. "Now try a Night Shade!"

A black haze forms around Shuppet. "Tsunami, fire a Water Gun while it's preparing to attack!" Runner's Mudkip blast a ray of Water at Shuppet, knocking her out of the air. "Now hit it with another Mud-Slap!" More dirt flung at Shuppet. It impacts with Shuppet on the ground. Runner grins with an evil gleam in his eye.