A Bittersweet Sunset

Hello everybody :)

Sooo...I know I always apologize for not updating & I'm gonna hafta do it again x3 I am SOO sorry!! I hope to update more because I seriously miss you all!! <3 Anyway, I hope you guys still love this story like I do! :) 

Anyways--the song is Be Your Everything by Boys Like Girls (I LOVE THEM<3 SO HAPPY ABOUT THEIR NEW EP!!) & it totally fits James'/Colette's PoV so YAY :) & The picture is (Of course) Mazzy!! OMG he's soo adorable haha x) 

Hope you all enjoy it! <3

{Colette’s PoV}

                “What the hell do you think you are doing, Colette Annabel Adams??” A fuming voice erupts into the winter’s whispering breeze frost over the falling sun, exposing glass snowflakes fluttering toward the snow packed ground. I grudgingly pull my lips away from James’ gorgeous face. My eyes meet my livid, bittersweet cornflower blue eyes of my mother.

                Relief floods over her dazed soul. Fear follows after the content as anger sears hard into her heart, rubbing against blackness and horror.

                Guilt runs over my chest like a jagged razor blade, scraping me ever so slowly, piercing the skin in effortless grace as it spurs crimson all over me. It oozes, flowing through every vain like a pungent venom. The numbness I felt for the past year and a few days finally is thawing into a bad case of carpet burn. My body shakes, suddenly feeling the below zero temperature for the first time this winter. I feel the coldness stirring in the snow that’s billowing around me like a veil for a funeral. White snaking with the darkness inside me…I shake my head. No.

                Reality begins to set in. I’m not a kid anymore.

                My innocence is just a piece of cotton flittering away in the gusts.

                A hand brushes against mine. “Hey,” James’ soft voice is completely numb to my heart, the usual butterflies completely stagnant, “you okay?” My mother’s footsteps echo in my throbbing eardrums heavily. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Apprehension fills the suddenly thick air as my heart starts falling in tiny pieces…No. No, no, no. No. How could I have been so damn stupid to believe in his fucking charisma? Why did I follow his forceful heart? Why did I love him at all, or at least ever thought it was love? No…Why did I put up with all his…abuse? Why didn’t I do anything?

                Why did I have to screw up because now everyone I love has to deal with him…and only three people know the name of this heart-choker?

                “Honey,” his voice croons into my soul but immediately is blocked by my trembling heart, deflecting anything involving emotions. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. I shake my head. Stupid fucking heart failing at keeping me stolid. I glance up into those beautiful, breathtaking sea green and taupe eyes glimmering in the dwindling scarlet sunlight. Concern flashes through all the mesmerizing mixture of color concoctions that endlessly spill together. I squeeze his hand before staring at my mother, standing a few feet away at the edge of our walkway.

                Her caramel hair flows effortlessly in the crisp wind, her blue and black dress wafting around her perfectly. Her aqua and turquoise eyes spilling over in every emotion in the world imaginable or not. But the one that sticks through them overwhelmingly is…unconditional love. Salty tears leak down my face, tattooing the guilt even farther. She raised me so much better than I act and acted…She deserves so much better. She already has to deal with Caribe bitching 24/7 and worry about Jace’s collage applications. So what did I decide to do? Make her life a living fucking hell.