↱ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊; 𝖋𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖈𝖐𝖘

As soon as his mother unbuckled his seatbelt Eddie was out of the car and skipping up the steps to the Wheelers' front door. Sonia had reluctantly agreed to lunch and a playdate at the Wheelers' house on a Saturday afternoon.

"Edward Kaspbrak," Sonia hissed as she watched Eddie rush up the stairs, tripping ever so slightly on the top step. "You're going to fall, be careful!"

"Sorry, mommy," Eddie pouted, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he clutched his hands tightly in front of him. "Can I ring the door bell, mommy?"

"No, too many germs," Sonia shook her head, grabbing one of Eddie's pudgy hands before rapping on the white door.

Eddie bounced excited, grinning as he heard the sound of screaming boys and chants of his name coming from the other side of the door.

"EDDIE SPAGHETTI!" Richie cried, throwing the front door open and letting it slam back into the wall behind it loudly.

"Hiya, Richie!" Eddie grinned, still bouncing and holding his mother's hand.

"Richard Wheeler!" Karen yelled from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a dish cloth as she approached the front door. "How many times have I told you not to answer the door on your own, young man?"

"A bajillion," Richie responded, looking up at his mother innocently.

"You're only five, Richie," Karen scolded, the corners of her lips twitching slightly at Richie's innocent look. "It's dangerous."

"It's only Eddie Spaghetti and his mommy, though!"

"Yeah, this time it was, Richie," Karen reminded before turning towards Sonia and Eddie. "Sonia, Eddie! Come in!"

The two entered the house, Eddie standing on his toes excitedly as his mother helped him remove his fall coat while Richie spoke to him about his toy cars, mouth moving a mile a minute. Sonia took her time to peer around the foyer, silently scrutinizing each piece of furniture and décor.

"C'mon," Richie grinned once Eddie had his shoes off, his toes curling and uncurling excitedly in his race car socks. Richie grabbed Eddie's hand pulling him down the hallway towards the basement where he and Mike had set up a new track for their cars.

"Careful, Eddie," Sonia called after them, clutching her chest nervously as they bounded down the stairs.

"Lunch is just about ready," Karen smiled, regaining Sonia's attention.

"And then," Richie took a breath, breaking his stream of words for the first time in nearly five minutes. "They go down the track from the couch jump up onto the table, shoot over the cushion and smash down into the junkyard!"

"Wow! That's so cool, but what if-"

Richie and Eddie had been chattering non-stop since Eddie had arrived twenty minutes ago. The two were almost constantly talking over each other but their conversation seemed to flow despite the chaos.

"Boys!" Karen called from the top of the stairs. "Lunch is ready!"

"Guess what we're having for lunch, Eddie Spaghetti," Richie grinned, tossing down the two cars he had been holding and leading Eddie and his brother up the stairs.

"What, Rich?"

"SPAGHETTI!" Richie cried making both boys dissolve into a fit of giggles, hands clutched between them.

"What's so funny you two?" Karen smiled as the two boys entered the kitchen behind Mike, giggling wildly.

"Nothing," the two chimed together, smiling up at Karen who shook her head with amusement.