↱ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓; 𝕾𝖕𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊

"Ugh," Richie grunted, smacking his head against the lunch table as he tore his eyes away from their target who just so happened to be giggling and chatting animatedly with the new boy who, oddly enough, had started at their school at the end of term.

"W-what's the pr-problem, Tr-truh-trashmouth?" Bill asked, looking up from his lunch to watch his friend curiously.

"Nothing," Richie mumbled, words muffled by the table his face was pressed to.

"Sure," Beverly snorted from next to him watching Eddie shamelessly flirt with the new guy, Mike Hanlon, in the lunch line and knowing Richie had been watching them since they had all sat down at their usual lunch table ten minutes ago.

"He's allowed to have other friends, y'know," Stan laughed as he twisted to look over his shoulder, following Beverly's gaze.

"Don't know what you're talking about," Richie continued to talk into the table, the bridge of his glasses pressing into his nose uncomfortably. "I don't care what he-"

"That's disgusting, Rich," came his absolute favourite voice in the world from directly above him before a soft smack to the back of the head made him smile despite himself.

"Eds!" Richie shouted, picking his face up off of the grimy plastic table in front of him and leaning back to grin up at his best friend.

"Hey," Eddie smiled softly, ruffling Richie's curls and making the boy preen contentedly. "Why're you making out with a lunch table?"

"Cause it's hot," Richie deadpanned as Eddie fell into the seat next to him, making Richie's stomach churn pleasantly. "Not as hot as you though," he whispered teasingly, leaning into Eddie's personal space.

"Shut up, Richie," Eddie huffed out a dismissive laugh as he pushed Richie's away from him, cheeks flushing with a pleasant warmth leaving Richie satisfied.

"Hey, Mike," Beverly called, acknowledging the other boy who hovered self-consciously by Eddie. "Have lunch with us!"

"Okay, thanks," Mike nodded, smiling gratefully at Beverly.

"Shit, sorry Mike," Eddie apologized, completely forgetting to welcome the boy to their lunch table.

"S'okay, Eddie," Mike reassured him, nudging him with an elbow that made Eddie smile.

"So," Richie interrupted with a cough, attempting to draw Eddie's attention away from this new Mike character. "Everyone going to Marcy's party tonight?"

The group responded with affirmations of various levels of enthusiasm.

"Ugh," Eddie groaned. "Only because you're making me."

"You'll love it, my love," Richie teased, poking Eddie's nose with his index finger.

"Richie," Eddie grumbled, swatting his hand away with pink cheeks as he surveyed the tables around them, hoping none of their classmates had heard.

"Wh-what about yuh-you, Mike?" Bill asked, noticing the new boy had remained silently picking at his lunch.

"Oh, I, uh," Mike smiled tightly at the others. "I wasn't invited."

"Who cares?" Eddie waved off. "We're inviting you!"

"I don't know-"

"Marcy won't mind," Eddie insisted. "She's invited so many people no one will even notice!"

"Um, okay," Mike nodded embarrassedly. "Sure."

"Great," Eddie grinned at Mike as Richie echoed his best friend's words flatly.