Chap. 1

"Boy, Cappy, do I love these martinis," Mario said to his hat/best friend, Cappy (who also had a martini. Don't ask how he's holding it; this is a fanfic, and how he's managing to do it is up to your imagination).

Cappy took a sip from his martini. "You got that right, Mario. I'm so glad we took the day off for this. We really needed it."

They were both hanging out in a bar for underpaid plumbers; it was called, "The Bar for Underpaid Plumbers". It was actually very lively for a place with a name such as that. Also, very few people came in very often, so Mario and Cappy typically have a good time there alone (sometimes). Sometimes, Luigi may come in, but this was extremely rare; Luigi got paid more than Mario did for reasons beyond Mario's knowledge, even though Mario had more experience in plumbing than Luigi did. Not that this bothered Mario that much, but hey! It's just whatevs...

As Mario and Cappy were exiting the place with their martinis, Mario saw a light-pink, fancily-decorated poster attached to a random brick building. It had a picture of Peach and Bowser all dressed up in wedding-wear and looking pretty happy. It was an oddity, as Peach was never happy when she was anywhere near Bowser.

He got closer to it so he could read it better. In fancy, golden text, it read:

PRIVATE Marriage Royale
Invites only!

Gatecrashers will be punished severely

For those with invites, please dress formally. We don't want a repeat of last year's birthday party!

Mario, who was extremely ticked off, screamed at the top of his lungs (with anger, of course), "HOW DARE HE! HOW COULD BOWSIE MARRY THAT PEACH?! HE SAID HE WOULD MARRY ME!"

He then threw his martini at a window, but not at just any window; he had just shattered the window of the bar for underpaid plumbers.

Knowing that he and Cappy would be in huge trouble if they stayed around, they ran off. (Well, Mario did the running. Cappy just stayed on Mario's head.)

They just ran and ran until Mario ran out of breath. While he was catching his breath, he thought of a plan that would involve more running.

He then ran in some seemingly random direction, making Cappy think, I wonder where in the world is he going?

But eventually, after about several miles of running for Mario and some motion sickness for Cappy, Mario finally reached his destination.