Chap. 5

When Mario woke up, he got to his window where his telescope was and pointed it to the cave. He just couldn't wait to watch his plan unfold. He couldn't wait to be with Bowser for good, and to see Bowser Jr. every day for the rest of their lives.

The first thing he saw was Yoshi checking a list and allowing people in. Mario then looked in a window (on the cave) and saw that hardly anyone noticed that there was no cake, which could've meant that they either didn't care to look or they thought the cake was somewhere else. He did, however, notice Bowser arguing with one of the band members. Mario didn't exactly know why, but he had an idea.

He then look at the side of the cave to see Daisy comforting Peach, who was crying. Mario put a lil microphone in Cappy and threw him to them, undetected.

"What's the matter?" he heard Daisy ask.

"The cake is gone, and Bowser's throwing a fit!" Peach answered before crying some more.

"Well, how could that much cake disappear in one night?" Daisy asked. "I saw that thing, and to take it seems like more effort than it's worth."

"I don't know!" Peach cried. "Weirdo cake thieves, maybe?! Or maybe...someone who didn't like us

She cried very hard after saying this. Daisy helped her up and got her inside, condoling her every step of the way.

Cappy then snuck inside and heard Bowser say that the wedding would have to go on, cake or no cake. Everyone seemed to be in agreement, but they still sounded disappointed that there would be no cake.

Mario thought for a moment.

What have I done, he asked himself. I didn't fix anything; I ruined everything! But I know how to fix it for good.

He summoned Cappy back, changed into his white tuxedo, changed Cappy into the top hat that goes with the tux, grabbed the cake, put it on the dolly, and made haste to the cave. It was easier taking it to the cave than it was taking it out, though the cake did wobble a few times on the way over.

He made it right on time to hear the guy who was getting Peach and Bowser married say, "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I OBJECT!" Mario responded as he ran in with the cake on the dolly.