Chapter 5

Like and comment ❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jade's pov

So it's a couple of days later and I've had time to reflect on how crazy things are recently. Rex and I are texting all the time, and honestly, it's really nice. But I've been really stressed and it's giving me this constant anxiety. Things have the potential to get serious with us but I don't think I want them to, because deep down, I think I'm scared. I've never had a proper boyfriend before and this would mean having my first ever boyfriend and the relationship being practically illegal! So I've taken some time to think things through and I think I've made a decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm taking my phone off charge and I give Rex a last text

Me: you still on for today?

Rex: yeh meet you in 20 on the pier. Can't wait ;)

Me: haha great!

I text back, but inside I'm so nervous about what I'm meeting to tell him, he's just so sexy, and funny, and nice, and I feel so bad about letting him down.

Never the less I gather my things and have one last check in the mirror; I'm wearing a blue cropped hoodie with some black, acid washed, ripped shorts and white sneakers. Happy with my appearance I head out. "By dad!" I shout as I close the door of the mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing on the edge of the pier looking out at the sea. It's dusk and there's a violet tint in the sky making the whole beach seem mystical. I check my phone for the time, seeing Rex is 10 minuets late I can't help but think; maybe he doesn't want to come, maybe he doesn't even like me.

So wrapped up in my anxiety's I don't notice the figure standing next to me leaning on the railings. "Nice dream?" He says startling me, I jump back with a gasp

"What?!" I say adjusting my breathing and seeing who the figure is

"I was just wondering if you were having a nice daydream there" he smirks

"Oh sorry, just lost in thought I guess. Uh...hi?" I say awkwardly looking at the ground

"Hi" He says confidently as usual, smiling that gorgeous grin and scratching his jaw. God he looks good! Why does he have to look so good? I whine to myself in my head.

"Hey..." I say moving towards him to rest my arm on the rail of the pier and lean against it "soooooo...look I'm just going to come out and say it. I think you're really fit and I really enjoyed your company the other day and I think you're really nice but uhhh I just don't think this is going to work" I look up at him and I think he goes to open his mouth but at this point it's just a stream of consciousness so I carry on "it not you it's me. Which I know is completely cliche but It's true! I just have all these worries about if people ever found out, I'm sorry if you felt like I was leading you on but I just don't think I could handle the stress of a secret relationship..." I finish and breath out heavily.

Rex looks to me and chuckles. I slightly squint my eyes, confused. "Haha wow ok, I get why you might be worried about if people found out but I would never let that happen. And as far as a secret relationship, wouldn't it be kind of fun sneaking around?" He smirks at me "look I think your unbelievably sexy but there's just something about you Jade Elsworth. Something I haven't quite figured out yet. So if you think I'm going to give up on you like that?" He says getting closer to me "you've got another thing coming. I don't care if you say you're done with me, because I'm not done with you. And I will do whatever it takes to make you brake and give yourself to me." He says now incredibly close to me. So close he whispered the last line into my ear.

My back is against the railings and his body is pressed against mine. Both his hands are at ether side of my body gripping the railings and blocking my escape. I have to admit. As intimidating and creepy as what he said was....it was also kind of hot... I grin and say to him "you could never brake me"

He whispers back "game on" bringing is face close to mine. I decide to play along and close my eyes to go in for a kiss but just before our lips meet I tickle his jaw and he squirms back taking his arms off the rails "Oh. It's on!" I say as I walk away down the peer smirking.

So, ok. Not exactly what I was planning but all I have to do now is not let him get to me. Easy. I can do that...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like and comment ❤️