Eight

It was 11:43 AM when my phone started buzzing. I groaned and tumbled out of my bed to get to my device. I saw the contact name and inhaled sharply.

Letting go of my breath I pressed the answer button

Letting go of my breath I pressed the answer button. It took a moment to load and then all I could see was Jungkook's messy head of hair. 

"Oh, annyeong. . ." Jungkook murmured as he lowered his screen to his face. He was obviously uncomfortable. I swallowed. "About yesterday. . ." he started. I squeezed my eyes shut, my stomach getting queasy.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, trying to play it cool. Jungkook looked surprised.

"You, you don't remember?" he asked.

"Remember what? A lot happened last night, I mean first of all, you guys rocked the stage!" I tried to sound excited and happy for them, but I realized I was just hurting Kookie.

"Oh, I mean yeah, we performed, but--" then my brother cut off his words, he popped up behind Jungkook, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Hey, yeodongsaeng!" he said, trying to sound enthusiastic. For once I was grateful for his interruption.

"Annyeong oppa," Yoongi smiled.

"Wasn't yesterday great!" he asked. Something was off. He was acting too excited.

"It was! It was awesome!" I really thought it was awesome, I just hoped I sounded genuine enough. My brother beamed again and then walked away.

Jungkook didn't say anything. I looked down for a second.

"Jungkook-ah," I muttered quietly. His head snapped up quickly.

"Jae-mi," he said. I licked my lips nervously. "Look at me," he said. I listened.

"Mwo," I said. I was so confused. I liked Jungkook, I really did. But, I didn't know. I didn't know what would come out of it if we got into a relationship.

"We have another concert tomorrow, you'll come?" he asked. His voice was so sweet and soft, I wanted to hug him so badly. I shook my head, noticing that tears were forming in my eyes.

"Ani, I can't, my parents will be going for Yoongi," I said. Jungkook's eyes got huge.

"What! Why can't you?" I looked up, trying to think of a valid reason.

"Jae-mi-ah! Tomorrow might be the only time we see each other for the next month! We're going to perform in different cities," he said. My eyes snapped towards him. That's why my brother had been acting weird. I bet none of the members had told their families that.

"Aish. . ." I said under my breath. I was frustrated. "I have to go Kookie, I'll talk to you later," Jungkook was extremely upset.

"Ani! Jae-mi! Jebal! Remember to call me tomo---" I hung up. It was all I could do to keep from crying.

I wasn't going to see my brother for an entire month. I wasn't going to see Jungkook for an entire month. I buried my face in my hands.

The reason I couldn't go to their second concert was because if I saw Jungkook, all I would think of would be how hurt I would get if we became a couple. The more famous BTS gets the farther away he would be taken from me; and eventually he would stop caring about me.

"Agh! Why does life have to be so hard," I stammered. I lay back on my bed and covered my ears with my pillow. Thinking about him