Shot: Part 14

Miles stumbled backwards, a look of shock on his face. He had gotten shot in the shoulder, which he grabbed painfully, looking at Hunter with a confused and heartbroken face. 

Brody looked back at Hunter, and he was crying, almost sobbing, but then he stopped. He then laughed, shaking his head at his brother Miles, who was now lying on the floor, bleeding out. Hunter then walked out of the gym, dropping the gun.

Brody realized that Hunter was wearing gloves, which was smart of him to do. Now the cops wouldn't believe Brody or his brother Brendan. The cops never believed him when he said that his parents had been murdered, even though the evidence was right in front of him.

Brody then realized what he was doing. He wasn't figuring out who killed his parents, he was going along with these people he just meant and being a normal teenager. Whatever normal meant. He had almost been shot by a crazy kid on a revenge spree. And for what? Just to be a normal kid for once?

Brody then decided to chase after Hunter, running out of the gym, and following Hunter's bloody footprints. He looked behind him, making sure that nobody was following him, and Brody turned a corner, and saw something he would never forget, besides his parents death.

The janitor of the school was standing over a dead body.