The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 17

“Hey there pretty lady,” Travis said walking up to me.

I smiled at him and slightly bite my lower lip, “hey handsome”.

“You look amazing,” Travis said taking my hand.

“You don’t look that bad either,” I said as he led me to the crowd of people. “Disclaimer, I can’t dance”.

“Just follow my lead,” I said placing his hands on my hips. I smiled at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Just…I don’t know…move to the music”. I slowly moved my hips to the beat and Travis slowly danced along with me. Once he got into it he pulled me closer to him.

Travis and I talked and flirted a little as we danced. I love talking to him. He’s so cool to be around and the best part he’s not Jake.

Travis slowly started to lean in, I smiled and slowly ran my fingers threw his hair.

“Mind if I cut in?” Jake asked as our faces were inches away from each other.

Travis looked over at him then at me.

“I mind,” I said glaring at him.

“The lady has spoken,” Travis said slightly shrugging.

“Aw come! One dance,” he said looking at me.

“I don’t see why not… I’ll get us a drink?” Travis said.

I gave him a look as he walked away, slowly releasing my hand. I slowly faced Jake and glared at his smiling face.

“Just one dance. What could happen?” he said putting his hands on my waist.

I rolled my eyes and put my arms around his neck.

“Don’t look so happy to see me,” he said.

“I’m not…”

“Humor me, at least dace and look like you’re having fun”.

I started to dance and Jake pulled me a little closer to him.

“So has he made his move yet?”

“Why do you care?” I asked as I abruptly stopped dancing.

Jack stopped as well. “I’m just curious…”

“I’m not in the mood for your little mind games, Jake. Do you like me or am I just someone to help turn you on?”

He blinked. “We still have to finish our dance,” he said placing his hands on my hips.

“Answer my question,” I said after a while of silence.

“Why does it matter?”

“It doesn’t, you’ve just been pissing me off with your mixed signals”.

“A few make outs hardly count as mixed signals”.

“I’m not talking about that. One minute your nice and the next your not”.

“Well do you like me?”

“No!”

“Okay then”.

“That doesn’t answer my question”.

“Which was?”

“Do you like me?”

“You wish I did”.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not in the mood for your bullshit,” I walked out of his hold and headed over to the kitchen.