Chapter Four

Gray sat down next to Natsu along with the rest of their team, it has been four days since Juvia and Lyon had left. The day had become much more peaceful for Gray; however he couldn't help but worry about Juvia. Such a sudden change overtaking her in a matter of days. There were no phone calls for him like back then, he felt some irritation and... Jealousy??

Gray shook his head furiously. "No way, Lyon wouldn't have the guts to do anything."

Natsu noticed Gray's constantly changing facial expressions, he knew starting a fight would help get his mind off it. But deep down he felt Gray deserved to feel at least an ounce of what Juvia felt daily for the last two years.

Was she... going to give up? Gray groaned internally.

Natsu refused to pay any attention to him since he knew matters like this would only annoy him further. Turning to Erza and Lucy, with a wide grin plastered on his face. Natsu questioned the two girls,

"Wanna bet icicle boy is gonna look for her?"

Erza gasped with her eyes gleaming mischievously. Lucy looked just as shocked as the red haired woman beside her, the aggressive aura leaking from both Natsu and Erza made Lucy sweat drop. Lucy watched as they grabbed each other by the hand, grinning furiously.

"He's gonna lose to Lyon, if he doesn't I gotta buy you strawberry cakes for a month!" Natsu smirked.

"You're on!" Erza shouted in reply.

"Erza?" a familiar voice called,

Team Natsu stared at Jellal, Erza's boyfriend. His brow twitched slightly when he stared at their clasped hands.

Erza and Natsu jumped to their feet,
"It's not what it looks like!" Natsu cried.

"A misunderstanding!" Erza said.

"I know, I heard about the bet" Jellal chuckled.

The red and pink haired friends sighed in relief; Jellal sat besides Erza, putting an arm around her shoulders once they sat down. Lucy sighed, placing her head on the table. Just then Levy and Gajeel arrived with a few books.

"Is Juvia not back yet?" Levy asked.

Gajeel glanced at Gray making a slight "tsk" sound.

"If she's left you for good it's just what you needed... Jerk." He huffed,

Gray smacked the table standing quickly. Looking Gajeel dead in the eye. Natsu was standing again, he couldn't risk another guild bar fight. Levy and Erza closed the gap between them, Erza grasped his shoulders facing him her eyes moved up to his. Gajeel continued to eye the slightly shorter man, Levy held down his arms with a pout.

"Hoh?" Gajeel smirked.

Trying to defuse the situation Lucy noticed something about Gray,

"Gray you're... taller than Natsu??" Lucy said turning her head. Natsu quickly stood back to back against Gray,

"Nah?! It's just his shoes for sure!" Natsu shouted.

Erza quickly made Gray stand up straight, Levy pushed Gajeel to the bar stools near Mirajane and Cana. Erza and Lucy made both boys take off their shoes and slippers, After a moment of silence some other members that overheard agreed. Gray was at least two inches taller than Natsu.