The War of the Mind

Hey everyone I'm not going to have internet for a while because I'm traveling somewhere.

Everything in front of me goes absolutely blur because I'm so indecisive. My daughters safe in my arms I can save everyone in my country or I could be absolutely selfish.

"Hello, Tina are you okay," Blake asked me while waving his hand in front of my face. "I think she's in shock," Sheena said nonchalantly. "No I'm fine. I just need to rest a little,"I said. "Well would you like me to stay," my Aubrey said sweetly. I nodded hoping she wouldn't leave because then my choice would be made for me. And I couldn't let that happen.

I woke up and I knew I had to tell Blake about what was really happening because I have her and she's safe so I went to his office and I said, "I need to tell you something." "I'm kinda busy can it wait,"he said patiently. "It's kinda important and I won't take long,"I said hopeful. He nodded.

Just as I was about to tell him and I thought my nightmare would be over. The door opened to reveal someone panicking, "Blake sir, there's men outside wanting to kill you." Blake just looked at me and said, "Does this have anything to do with you." "Maybe, I'm not sure. But I can explain," I said. He nodded and walked outside.

And then it hit me. I was trying to protect my daughter and now I've put her in harms way, again. And the man said if I don't contact him he'll wage war against me, the prince and my daughter. And it won't be pretty. I knew exactly what that meant.

My mind may have won the battle for good. But the real battle is about to come my way.

When I heard the gunshots. I started running to get my daughter but when I went inside I saw her crying on the floor. "What happened," I asked seriously. She said, "These men came in here looking for you but because you weren't here they took Sheena and they asked who I am but I lied. I'm sorry mommy,"she said crying. "No it's fine don't tell anyone who you are and let's get Sheena back,"I said encouragingly. And she started to smile but then the gunshots just got louder.

My end is coming and its coming fast. I told my daughter to follow me but we didn't make it out the door before I was faced with the man I never wanted to see again. The fear in my eyes made him smile. "Happy to see me I see. You better have a good excuse for not calling,"he said seriously. "I'm sorry I didn't get a chance it's only been a day,"I said plainly. And he grabbed my arm making me wince in pain.

And the worst thing happened when his eyes made it to the back of me and I knew he saw my beautiful Aubrey standing there. He had the most evil grin on his face and I mouthed no please.

Immediately he called one of his men and my daughter was picked up by her elbows screaming for me. "Leave her alone she has nothing to do with this,"I said screaming. He looked at me and stopped walking and said, "She has everything to do with this don't you remember what I said if you don't do as I say,"he said grinding his teeth. I nodded. Blake was already on his knees where we were being taken along with his daughter and we were out beside them. "Stay down all of you and listen carefully. Tina was going to tell something to our king weren't you,"he said laughing. I nodded. He said, "Use your words girl!" I said, "Yes." And I continued, "I was going to tell you what brought us into this mess we're in right now."

My daughter was only 1o at the time and I wasn't there to protect her. One of her teachers raped her while she was at home. And I came to see my daughter tied up, crying for someone to let her loose. I felt helpless but I immediately reported it.

The police took it very lightly and the case fell out but that changed my daughter. She was always carefree and now she felt like everyone was going to attack but a few months later I didn't expect the teacher to come back to rape and kill my daughter at all. So I attacked him and saved my daughter but he died and I reported it myself told them exactly what had happened. My daughter testified that it was the same man.

Even so they arrested me and I was terrified because he was still out there and my daughter didn't have me to protect her. And during that jail time I got anonymous letters and I continued with my story. "But I swear I was going to tell you just before these people came,"I said finally.

Blake just stared at me as if I betrayed him. Did he not understand that I needed to save my daughter. "So my offer still applies to you Tina and I will do exactly what I said I'd do. And I will also kill the prince and his heir,"he said happily. I just stared at him in horror.

I did the worst thing that could harm myself and that's why I knew it was the right thing. "You won't touch her and you won't touch the princess or the prince. You can do whatever you want with me but leave them out of this,"I said shouting. He grabbed me and held my face so firmly and said, "DON'T EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!"

I whimpered but I wish I hadn't. "You're such a weakling. You can't possibly take care of a daughter,"he said plainly. He then picked her up roughly holding her tightly by her arm. My daughter looked terrified. Blake wasn't even speaking it's like he gave up trying.

I looked over to him to see him looking at his daughter and I immediately felt terrible. I'm only worried about myself. My daughter was in the hands of my enemy about to go through something I never wanted her to go through ever again.

"Here take this,"my enemy said. He was handing me a gun and then he continued, "and then I'll deal with you later." I looked at the gun in my hand and he said, "You know what you need to do." And pointed towards the prince and the little girl crying next to him. I shook my head and whispered, "No."

After an hour
I woke up to Sheena sleeping next to me I realized that it was just a dream I thought all my problems had been solved destroyed but they're still going to haunt me. Sheena's friend left an hour ago. I'd fallen asleep on the job and I saw Blake looking at me and Sheena sleeping, he looked amused. "So I was alone for dinner,"he said laughing. "Sorry I guess I'm still getting used to the job,"I said hoping he wouldn't be angry. "Oh it's fine, I know that much but why were crying in your sleep,"he asked sweetly. "It was about my daughter that's all,"I said hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions but I was sadly mistaken.

"And why'd that cause you to cry so terribly in your sleep,"he asked seriously. I shook my head and said, "Its not something I'd like to talk about, but if you don't mind I'd like to know when I'm going to get my phone,"I said patiently. "Ok and you'll be getting it tomorrow,"he said plainly. "I hope you use it wisely,"he said playfully.

Sadly I'm the only one who knew the truth, I wouldn't be using it for good but to destroy my own country and yes, it seems I chose the selfish course.

Pls vote and tell me what you think. I had writers block with this.