Chapter 3

It was another morning . Just another day, another beginning. Jane looked around her surroundings, and noticed the mailbox overflowing with mail. She blink a few times, before tightening her grip on the strap of  her backpack and stared at one of the letters that accidentally landed on the concrete floor, beside the mailbox. Yesterday's event was ignored by the girl. She was slowly getting used to these sudden events, and was tired of showing a crying face. Small drops of tears sat loosely on the edges of her eyelashes. Jane did not want for them to fall, and rubbed her eyes angerly. She stared at the letter on the floor,and read the address of the letter. Her eyes widened once she noticed the date it was sent was since the summer vacation. She quickly grabbed the letter, and ripped it open.

○°○°○°○

16/7/2017

Dear Jane,

            This might sound sudden, but I kinda got arrested yesterday. When the police found out that I hacked the government's system to gain detailed information about the "Scales Of Ares." Sadly, as you can tell I did not get anything, and found myself behind iron bars. I might stay in here for a while. Hope things are good with you! How is your ankle?

Your friend,
Nathan Swift

○°○°○°○

        The girl's hand shivered. The whole summer she and her parents have went back to Okinawa, that she never even had the chance to hear about anyone. That is when her thoughts snapped back to the last two days. Nathan had not spoken to her when they practiced with Mark, Axel, Jude, and David. She felt really guilty. Even though Nathan was in jail for most of the summer, he was worried about her silly, injured ankle from the FFI. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, but slowly placed it back. The boy was obviously mad she thought as the small paper crumbled in her hand. She shoved the letter into her bag and did the same with the others.

       Once the job was done, she stood up, and dashed to Royal- Academy. Apparently, David called informing her of a very important meeting. Jane only had five minutes left. The girl kept glancing at her watch every few seconds and straightening her headband as she ran.

"Just a little more! Just a little!" She pleaded, leaving a trail of dust behind her, it even seemed as if steam was going to pop out to of her ears any second.

          Every step she was filled with desperateness. Why? Well who would not, after being late three times in a row? She dashed through the gates of the academy, and speeded down the deserted hallways. Her loud footsteps echoed loudly, until it suddenly came to a stop. Right in front of her stood the large metal doors to the club room, even though it looked more like a military base. She stared at her green jersey for a few minutes and sighed. It felt good to be back in Royal's football team. Her hands slowly reached for the handle, and she opened the door with a plain smile on her face. Once she stepped into the room, everyone's attention turned towards her. Feeling a little embaressed, Jane scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, with a light blush on her face.

"You actually came earlier than us," the girl quickly turned around, and nearly stumbled backwards once noticing David's face a few inches away from her.

          She took a few steps back and bowed respectfully towards the team's captain. Joseph stood beside his teammate and smiled softly, once taking notice of the teen girl. Then an idea hit Jane.