Chapter 6

Jane silently walked back home, with purple lines under her eyes. Coach Koga had pressured her after school training again, and her muscles were screaming from the pain, that she was barely able to walk. Her eyes were half-way closed as she strolled slowly.

"huh, you are surely over-doing practice," Jane slowly lifted her head, and stared at Torch, who was smiling cheaply at her.

"Ha ha so funny, is there another joke?" She asked starcatically, while staring awkwardly at him.

Torch simply ignored her sarcasm, grabbed her hand, and started running. Jane stumbled clumsily, but the red-head swiftly caught her, and lifted her like a feather into his arms, before breaking into a run again. The girl wrapped her arms around his neck for dear life. She was already tired, and could not find energy to complain.

          A smirk sprouted at the edge of the boy's lips, as he ran past every person in his way. He finally came to a halt, and dropped Jane on her two feet, who gave him a good smack on the head. A small moan escaped the boy's mouth, but he managed knock on the door in front of them. Jane looked around to adjust her surroundings. She was at the Sun Garden Orphanage, and could not remember when was the last time she saw it. Maybe because it looked more like a shrine than an orphanage. Purple irises covered the entrance, but Jane's daydreaming was cut off by the opening of the door. Mrs.Lina stood at the doorstep, with a furious glare on her face, that Jane even flinched.

"Where have you been Torch?! Do you even have any idea what's the time?!" For a second, the two teens in font the angry women thought their ears would explode.

"I am sorry, okay?!" Torch yelled back, only to receive a solid fist on his head.

Mrs. Lina finally took notice of Jane, and placed on a sweet smile. The teen girl stepped in, and took of her shoes. Torch did the same, but kept mumbling insults to Mrs. Lina under his breath. After that, he grabbed her hand, and dragged her to one of the bedrooms upstairs. Steam was puffing out of the girl's ears from pure anger, once the red-head closed the door.

"Mind explaining?" She asked, holding back her anger with everything she has got, but Torch just laughed and poked her forehead repeatedly.

       He did not reply, and walked around the room laughing like a mad hatter. Jane ignored him, and looked around. The bedroom was smaller than the ones she saw in Alias Academy, but all the items were the same the tv hanging from the wall, the large black and red bed, everything was the same.

"You really daydream a lot, it is almost adorable," Jane jumped backwards, noticing Torch being too close.

For the first time, she took notice how much taller he had grown, but that only made her wish that his mind grew as well. Torch turned his back towards her, and pulled a small box for under his bed.

"Happy birthday Baka!" He shouted, shoving the box into her arms, before pushing her into the bathroom.

"But my birthday was in May, it already passed," the girl shrugged, and opened the box.

Her left eyebrow twitched angerly. She walked out the bathroom, and spotted Torch lying on his bed, with several box of sweets around him. Allowing anger to over take her, she pushed him off the bed, and dropped the box on his head.

"Your going to wear it, not me," she hissed into his ear, and pinched his neck.

Torch was about to protest, but one look at Jane was enough to make him obey. He was not that much of an idiot, expecting that reaction. Once he closed the door behind him, his eyes landed on the box under the sink. Jane sat on the soft bed, with an evil smirk on her face. Knowing that the idiot had left her a maid uniform in that box, and that triggered her nerves. The bathroom's door flew open, and Torch stepped out, not in a maid uniform, but in an overly attractive butler suit. Jane felt the heat reach her cheek. She did not waste another second, and ran to the door, but the red-head tugged her arm; pulled her backwards, while pitching the back of her neck, but Jane did not plan on giving into his games. She allowed her hands to dance on his belly, causing him to burst out laughing. He was slowly losing his grip, as he fell to the floor, but in the last minute, he pulled her towards him, misciviously pushed her to the ground, and poked her head. Jane punched him straight in the stomach, and ran out of the room. Her childish side had taken over, and she was running around the place until entering a random hallway. She kept running so blindly, until she bumped into Gazel.

"Jane?" He looked confusingly at her,"What are you here?"

The girl did not reply. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and pressed her lips against his. Gazel's eyes widened. Jane noticed what she did, and jumped away from him, before dashing down stairs, and out of the orphanage. She had no idea what had come over her. Torch ran into Gazel, who was still frozen in place.

"Did you see Jane run past here?" Gazel slapped the boy's head and angerly, and poked his head until it pained him like hell.

"Your really are a good for nothing idiot," he hissed, but his mind was still locked on the girl, no matter how much he tried to forget what she did.

Xavier walked away from the wall he was hiding behind, and sighed. He and seen everything, the idiot red-head playing his stupid jokes, and Jane's childish actions. If they were not going hold back then neither was he.