Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Title: Half Mine

Language: English

Rating: T, may be changed to M if requested later on.

Summary: Team Flash makes a startling discovery when confronting Caitlin about her decision to leave the city. Takes place at the beginning of season 4, during the episode 'Girls Night Out' but does not follow the Flash plot from that episode. They are determined to make her stay. Barry and Caitlin grow close as a result of the discovery making Barry doubt his feelings for Iris.

Warnings: Not for fans of WestAllen or Iris. May or may not be bashing.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Flash or any TV Series or characters or the song used in this chapter.

Author's Note: Okay so I'm quickly going to explain the whole timeline. So women start showing from 12- 16 weeks, usually closer to 16 when it's their first baby and you can find out gender for 16 – 20 weeks depending on how quickly the foetus develops. So in this story Barry was only in the speed force for about 3 and half months so Caitlin has only started showing. But nobody has noticed because she's taken to wearing looser clothes, some of them noticed a difference in her change of style and her demeanour but they just they just thought it was a result of her Frost persona. Alright now that that's out of the way, on with the story!

CHAPTER 2: BROKEN RADIO

3rd Person POV

Almost 20 minutes later, everyone is still excited about and gushing over the unborn child. Barry notices Caitlin's eyelids begin drooping and she tries to hide her yawn but it escapes. "I think maybe that's enough excitement for one day. We should get you to bed," Barry says, the concern seeping from his voice. Cisco also notices how tired Caitlin looks and nods. He ushers Ralph and Harry out of the room as he is leaving. Joe and Cecile also return to their home. "Barry you coming?" Iris asks, completely ignoring Caitlin's state. "Actually I'm going to take Caitlin home; I'll see you later though." Without waiting for a reply, Barry turns back to Caitlin. "Ready?" Caitlin nods tiredly.

Barry picks her up and flashes them both to her apartment. "Well I guess I'll just call a cab," Iris sighs to herself.

Barry sets Caitlin down gently and uses her keys to open the door. He holds the door open for her. She gives him a smile and walks in. She puts her coat down and turns to him. "Thanks Barry," She says gratefully and looks at him expectantly. "What?" He asks her. "Nothing," She says not wanting to be rude. She pours herself a glass of water. "Do you want something to drink?" Caitlin asks politely. "No I'm fine," Barry shakes his head and continues to stare at her. "Do you need anything or want anything?" He asks her, trying to be helpful.

"No I'm fine. I'm just going to get some sleep," Caitlin replies, hinting at him to leave. She takes a huge gulp of water. "Right well let's get you to bed," Barry nods. "What?" Caitlin says spitting out the water. "Well I want to make sure you're okay," Barry begins to ramble, "I mean you're all alone and so far away. I'm just worried."

"I've been doing for a long time Barry, I'm fine," She sighs exasperatedly. She pauses, noticing the worried expression on his face and she sighs knowing that she can't resist making him happy. "But if it makes you feel any better, you can make sure I'm safely tucked into bed before you leave." Barry smiles victoriously. "I'm going to go change."

A few moments later, Caitlin returns to the room. "I'm going to bed now." "You're going to sleep like that?" Barry asks with a raised eyebrow because she hasn't changed her clothes. A blush rises on her cheeks. "I forgot to do laundry," She says scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. Barry chuckles. The world must be turned upside down for the most organised person in probably the entire world to forget to do something like laundry which even he remembers. Barry flashes to his apartment and grabs a shirt and a pair of sweatpants from his closet. He flashes back to her apartment and hands it to her. "Here," Barry says.