Chapter 18

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay so there are small skips in between some chapters and the characters do interact in those times and fight crime but nothing major happens that I want in the plot for the story so I don't add those scenes in. Some chapters have a few days time skips or a few hours, these won't be mentioned but if there is a full week or month time skip then I will mention it. In between this chapter and the last is a few days so Caitlin and Peter have met a few times. In a future chapter I will mention how far along Caitlin is but if you guys have any other questions then don't hesitate to ask.

CHAPTER 18: PETER THE PLUS ONE

3rd Person POV

He wakes up to a smiling Caitlin Snow lying on top of him. He's about to close his eyes and rest a bit more when he sees the Flash alert on his phone. He writes Caitlin and quick note and rushes over to STAR Labs. By the time he arrives he sees Cisco gaping at the screen.

"What's wrong?"

"I think we have a new meta," Cisco says excitedly. "The guy was about to shoot the little old lady and all of sudden the meta shoots some kind of electricity at him and the guy is knocked out. I think he got injured before that protecting some little girl. He's still there now but he's about to leave."

"I'll bring him here to the med bay."

Barry rushes over and brings the hero to the med bay. He was moving so fast he didn't realise who he was carrying. It was Peter!

"Peter?" Cisco asks surprised. "Hey Cisco," He greets him before raising his eyebrow, "What am I doing here?"

"Well you got stabbed," Cisco says pointing to the blood stain on his shirt. "Don't worry about it I'm fine," He says lifting his shirt up to show Cisco that there is no wound. Peter explains the story to Cisco and by the time he's done Caitlin arrives.

"Peter?" Caitlin says surprised, "I was just about to call you." He winks at her, "Don't worry I'd rather see your pretty face than not." She blushes and Barry looks between the two of them angrily. He decides to blow off some steam with a little running. He goes off to do just that.

Meanwhile Caitlin is a little worried about Peter and offers to check his vitals. "If it will make you feel better Doctor Snow," He grins at her playfully before whipping off his shirt.

Barry tries not to think about Caitlin and Peter but he fails. Suddenly he sees a message from Kara on his interdimensional device that Cisco tricked out.

Message from KARA

Hey! This is an invite for Team Flash and their plus ones for dinner tonight. There's an announcement I'd like to make. Hope to see you guys there!

Barry doesn't hesitate before replying. He walks up to the lab in civilian clothes and finds Caitlin's hands on Peter's body, checking his vitals. He clears his throat and interrupts their conversation. "Kara sent a message." He shows it to her. "That sounds like fun," She says before turning to Peter, "Want to be my plus one to a dinner?" Peter nods.

Barry feels offended that she didn't ask him and then realises he forgot about Iris. He wonders if she's forgiven him yet. He can't even remember what she was mad about in the first place. He sends her a message about the dinner.

MESSAGE FROM BARRYDinner at 5? Meet at the cortex.

MESSAGE FROM IRISOkay poobear.

He ignores the weird nickname and they schedule to meet at the cortex at 5. He sends a message to the others but almost everyone is busy and some people need to stay to hold down the fort.

Barry goes to find a suit and finally settles on one. He arrives at 5 to find Cisco and Gypsy talking quietly in the corner, while Peter is busy on his phone and Iris is busy staring at Peter. Cisco is wearing a green suit and Gypsy is matching him in a deep green dress.

Peter is wearing a black suit and black tie while Iris is wearing a sleeveless and short orange dress. Barry sees everyone's jaws drop and he turns around to see Caitlin looking radiant. She's wearing a loose red dress with lace finishes and heels. She finishes her look of with bold red lipstick and she picks up her hair, only leaving a few wavy pieces to fall on her face. Barry steps forward but Peter is faster and walks over to her. He hugs her and tells her she looks beautiful. "Thanks," She replies shyly.

Cisco opens the portal and they all jump through. Barry and Caitlin instinctively grab each other's hands. Peter notices but he doesn't say anything.

They arrive in Kara's apartment and they see everyone mingling. "Barry! Caitlin! Cisco!" Kara shouts excitedly, "You're here!"

Alex and the others look up. "Sorry we're late," Barry apologises as he hugs Kara without letting go of Caitlin's hand. "You're not late," Kara smirks, "We told you the wrong time so that you wouldn't be late." "You know me too well, Kara Danvers," Barry says.

"As much as I would love to take the credit for this… It was Caitlin's idea, she mentioned it when we were talking on Cisco's new multiverse phone prototype," Kara smiles at Caitlin before pulling her into a hug. Everyone greets everyone and Barry introduces everyone. "This is Gypsy, Cisco's girlfriend and this is Peter." "Caitlin's date," Cisco says proudly and smirks at the way Barry stiffens.

"Do they uh," Kara stops awkwardly. "They know about metahumans and stuff. Peter just met the Flash earlier today," Barry replies as he shoots her a look. She gets the hint and nods while Peter looks at their exchange curiously.

Kara sits down at the head of the table and Mon-El sits down on the other end. Alex sits on the left hand side of Kara and J'onn sits next to her while Cisco and Gypsy sit next to him. Barry lets go of Caitlin's hand and pulls out seat for her next to him and sits down next to Kara. Peter raises his eyebrow but sits next to Caitlin. Iris glares at them but takes a seat in between Peter and Winn while James sits across from Winn.

They serve dinner and everyone mingles with each other and chats. They exchange funny stories. Iris keeps admiring James' muscular physique and looking at both Peter and Mon-El's god-like physical attributes. Everyone seems to notice except Barry whose eyes are glued to Caitlin for most of the dinner.

Once everyone is done eating, Kara stands up and Mon-El does as well. "So the reason for this dinner is that we have an announcement," Kara says excitedly. "We're getting married!" Kara and Mon-El shout in unison.

Everyone gets up to congratulate them and Kara shows off her one-of-a-kind ring. The ladies all gush about it. "The metal was mined on Krypton and the stone is one of the rarest stones ever found on Daxam." "A perfect combination of both our worlds, just like us," Mon-El adds in as he slides an arm around his fiancée. Barry and Caitlin both look at the two of them being sappy with a longing expression.

"Caitlin can I talk to you for a second?" Peter turns to her. "Sure," She says and they both step out into the hall. Barry sighs and walks onto the balcony. Kara sees him and excuses herself to go see what's wrong. She assumes it's because of how Iris has been semi-flirting with James all night but Barry didn't even notice that – he was too focused on Peter and Caitlin.

Author's Note: Next chapter is part 2 of the crossover and it will be centred around a friendship (guess which one!)

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23