Fifteen

{Fake s.m}
📍New York, New York
{Jacklyn}

We landed at the JFK Airport at around 1:30ish. And as it turned out, Shawn and I were to sleep in the same hotel room. Luckily when I walked in, it was a big hotel suite. I got my own room and he got his.

"What room do you want?"
"This one!" I point to the right one. It had a big window with a nice view of New York.
"Alright."

As soon as he said that, his phone rang.

"It's Maddie. Wanna say hi?"
"Sure."

~
Maddie❤️:
Hey Shawn!

Shawn❤️:
Hey Maddie! Jackie here wants to say hi,

jacklyn🍒:
Hey Madison

Maddie❤️:
Hey girl! Are you guys in New York already?

Shawn❤️:
Yeah look.

Maddie❤️:
Wow! It's so beautiful. I wish I could've gone but I do have college stuff to do.

Shawn❤️:
Right I forgot.

Maddie❤️:
I don't want it to seem like I'm jealous or anything but are you and Jacklyn sharing a room? Are you guys like together?

Shawn❤️:
Yeah, we have a suite though so she has her own room in a hotel room. It's like an apartment.

Maddie❤️:
Well that's okay then

Shawn❤️:
Yeah I guess. Listen, next time that I have to be back in New York, I promise to bring you here. I can't wait to show you around such a beautiful place.

Maddie❤️:
New York huh? Sounds wonderful my love

Shawn❤️:
Jacklyn I'm gonna go into my room and unpack while I talk to Maddie, will you be okay?

jacklyn🍒:
Yeah I'll be fine. Have fun you two!

Maddie❤️:
Bye Girl!

~

Shawn and Maddie are just meant to be. I mean they've dated in the past and now they're dating again. I swear the universe wants them together.

Speaking of being together, Sarah and I had talked on the ride to the hotel. She had asked if we could meet at the Burberry on 9 East 57th Street.

I changed into a nice warm outfit (picture in first page) wince it was November and it's usually cold around this time in NYC.

"Shawn I'm going out, I'll see you later!"
"Okay be safe."

I grab my phone and purse and walk out to where a taxi was waiting for me. I give the cab driver directions to the Burberry store and in no time we had arrived.

"Sarah!"
"Jacklyn!"
"It's so great to see you."
"Same girl. Last time we met was a month ago maybe."
"Yeah."
"Last time I saw you, you weren't even dating anyone. Now you're dating Shawn freaking Mendes! That's insane!"
"Tell me about it. All the drama that surrounds this relationship."
"Tell me how you met."
"Well, I had gone to one of his concerts and as if it was a movie, we met eyes."
"Wow."
"Yeah and after the show he asked for me. A man came over and said Shawn wanted to see me so that's how we met."
"That's beautiful. And then you guys went to his home town AND I heard you met his parents. Has he met yours yet?"
"Yeah, for a brief moment."
"You're one lucky gal."
"Yeah but let's talk about something else."

It hurt me to lie to her, you know? She was one of my best friends and I had to lie to her. I'll tell her after this is over. Hopefully she's not mad at me.

"Yeah sure. I got a new job at Tommy Hilfiger. I'm out here feeling like Rachel from Friends."
"That's awesome! Do you also get 45% off everything."
"Well duh! You wanna start there?"
"Lead the way my friend, lead the way!"

Most of the afternoon was spent walking around Time Square. I was really feeling like a tourist. And it was so much fun talking with this amazing girl.

"Are you going with Shawn to the AMA's next week?"
"Yeah I am."
"Do you have a dress already?"
"No. But I have a stylist named Sarah which is crazy because sometimes I feel like you're around but then I look at her and I'm like 'oh no that's not her' but yeah."
"A stylist? Now that's what I call glamour! That's so cool! When do you two go to LA?"
"In 3 days maybe. Shawn just has to do something's for his album."
"Album huh? Have you heard it yet?"
"Yeah it's cool. Has a nice vibe to it."
"Are any songs on there about you?"
"I don't think so."
"Well that sucks. I would've guessed your boyfriend, I mean your SINGER song WRITER boyfriend would've written a song for you."
"I guess but he doesn't need to write a song for me to know he likes me."
"That's true."

It was around 4:52pm at the moment. My arms were full of bags.

"Hey you wanna go get something to eat?"
"I was hoping you would ask."