Thirty-Nine

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

After breakfast, Shawn helped me clean around the house. It was nice. I connected my phone to the Bluetooth around the house so we could listen to some jams.

"Dude I know you have a game room with pool and stuff but do you have Mario Kart?"
"Brother is that even a question. Of course!"
"Bet I'd win."
"You know what Mendes? I'll take you up on that. If you win, I'll make you dinner. Whatever you want. And if I win, you have to polish my heels."
"Polish your heel?"
"Ugh they're get a bit dirty and it's a pain to clean them."
"Deal."

We sprint upstairs. I take the seat on the right and he takes the left one.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines."
"Get ready to eat my dust."

We stare at each other before bursting into laughter.

"That doesn't fit you."
"It does not and I regretted it once it came out of my mouth."

The game starts and I speed in front of him. I laugh and turn my head just a slight to look at his concentration face, next thing I knew I was running into a rock.

"You were saying." Shawn speeds past me and ends up winning. "So you know what ravioli you made for me in Canada? Yeah that's what I want." I sigh and pout.
"I guess you won. I'm gonna go put my shoes on and go get the ingredients."

I drive down to my nearest Walmart and grab the stuff I needed.

"Wait, you're Jacklyn Black, can I get a picture?"
"Yeah." I lean down and smile at her phone camera.
"Thank you so much. Can I ask you a question?"
"Of course."
"Is shawn really here?"
"Yeah he came down to visit me at my new place."
"Oh cool, are you guys getting back together?"
"No," I nervously laugh. "We're just really good friends. That's it."
"Okay, well, thank you once again."

The girl smiles at me and walks away.

"I'm back." I walk into the house catching Shawn chillin on my couch and watching The Office.
"Okay, I know what you're thinking, and yes, I'm obsessed. This is my 2 time watching the whole thing." I let out a small giggle and make my way into the kitchen.

I finished cooking the ravioli quite soon.

*ring ring*

~

Jake🖤:
Hey Jackie, I'm gonna stay and cover Masons shift. Is that alright?

Jacklyn🍒:
Yeah that's fine. Shawn and I will just eat dinner alone.

Jake🖤:
Yeah that's uh that's cool. I'll talk to you later, love you.

Jacklyn🍒:
Bye

~

"This is so good!" Shawn exclaims licking his lips.
"Thank you."
"So about Maddie,"
"What about her?"
"I don't like her because I'm still hung over on you." I look up from my plate and furrow my brows together.
"You still like me?"
"I don't know. I think so. But, I have to admit, I'm scared."
"Of what?"
"Rejection, heartbreak, falling out of love."
"Love? What do you know about love?"
"Nothing but I have an idea of it."
"You're confusing."
"I just know that I love you."
"Please stop saying that."
"Why? Do you no like me?"
"No Shawn, I'm just, I'm just tired of being broken, heart broken by what you say to me."
"What? You're tired? Jacklyn I've been fighting with myself! I just don't know what to feel and I confuse myself! You aren't the only one getting played with."
"You're right. I'm getting played by you and you're getting played by you. I'm tired of you not knowing what you want. I want someone confident about themselves." I sigh. "Do you remember the night your album came out?" I kind of whispers but I still hope he can make out what im saying. "Never mind. I just want someone who's sure of themselves."
"What do you want me to do then?! I can't help it!"
"Just leave Shawn! I'm tired of having my heart broken by you."
"Fine. I'll leave." He looks back one more time before continuing climbing the stairs to the guest room.

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Shawn}

After storming out of Jacklyns house, I drive to the DFW airport and book the next flight.

Jacklyn isn't the only one getting hurt here! I'm constantly questioning everything around me!

"Flight 57 to Toronto, Canada is now boarding. Flight 57 to Toronto, Canada is now boarding."

I grab my bag and walk over to the nice looking lady and hand her my ticket.

"Have a safe flight!" I smile and thank her.

I take my seat next to the isle and next to this very cute old couple.

I look down at my phone staring at Jacklyns contact and sigh. I think about what would happen if I were to call her. Maybe it'll be something bad but, I just don't care. I hesitate but, I press on her contact.

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

I pull at my hair and yell.

"Hey are you okay?"

Jake walks in and he tells me how Mason ended up coming and he got to leave. I explained to him everything that happened and he just held me.

"Jacklyn?"
"Yeah?" I look up at him furrowing his eyebrows.
"Shawn's your soulmate. You guys deserve to be together."