2|New Acquaintances

New York CIty, 2014

"NOT SO FAST, MARCELLUS", Adanya spat out victoriously

"NOT SO FAST, MARCELLUS", Adanya spat out victoriously. She tighetned the grip she had on his thoat as he winced. He rapidly blinked at her display of strength. He hadn't anticipated any possibility of her not being human. He was being too cocky, too much like Klaus, even. "You actually thought that would work?" she laughed as she kept making her hold on him tighter second by second.

"You know me?"

"Almost every vampire knows about you, hell, most of them escaped from you" she spits out with sass like before. "Although, why is the king of New Orleans here in the big apple, I wonder.." she leads off so he can answer the question.

"Wanted a break, especially since the Mikaelsons have had enough drama to ruin my town"

"The Mikaelsons? Well, I'll be damned. Never thought they'd show their faces after Mikael"

"Yeah, it's done and over with, while resulting in my city payin the price"

"Oh, so unfortunate, Marcellus"

"You gonna let go of me now?" he asks as he feels his air almost completely disappearing from his lungs.

"Why? You attacked me"

"I thought you were human, which you're obviously not" he replies as he tries to guess what she was. No werewolf could corner him like this and a witch was out of the question. Yet, she didn't exactly show signs of being a vampire.

"Obviously" she says in repsonse and sighs right after. She ponders for a moment, trying to see if she should kill him. She definitely could, in several ways, in fact. Although, it would be a waste. "Hmph" she huffs and quickly lets go of his throat. Her hand slides down to her side and she stands right before him.

"Well, if we aren't gonna kill each other, then what now?" she asks with a fake pout. He looks at her in near disbelief but he had said similar things before. He turned around to see if anyone still saw them in the alleyway and he turned to face her.

"How about a drink, another place though, please?"

"Alright, but you are buying me at least some tequila" she sassily agrees before walking off in the direction of another bar. Marcel follows after her and gets ready for quite the conversation.

"SO, WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY, AGAIN?" ADANYA ASKED HIM. She had been chewing on some fries as she did so. The pair went into a bar that served many foods. It tasted like nothing but she may as well had ordered to appear normal to the other customers. She had ordered a tequila...or dozen. He had compelled the bar tender so she could have free drinks. He didn't feel like doing it the right way.

"The Mikaelson's aunt came for Hope and they pretty much killed her along with their mother. And, Mikael" he nonchalantly explained. Adanya had known about Hope and the problems with people after her before speaking to Marcel.