Chapter 4

Meanwhile at the A&E

"Kihyun ah.. Did you see Minhyuk anywhere? We need his report for this kid..." Shownu put down all the work to ask

"No but i went to look for his team. They said he ran off somewhere after the surgery failed when this kid blew his last breathe from X disease...." Kihyun explained

"It is Minhyuk's first child patient and he is indeed doing a risky surgery on this poor kid right?"

"Yeah but the family approve of the surgery even after Minhyuk and a pediatrician advised not too though.. It must've been tough for Minhyuk right now..."

"It's okay. We will delay the report abit and get one of his team to see this kid off and finish the last report." Shownu decides what to do to complete the report

"Alright, sorry i can't be there. There's an image appointment in my clinic in 30mins time. i'll leave this to you Shownu Hyung."

"Noted." Shownu walked to the operation theater and find for Minhyuk's surgery team. This time Minhyuk is around;

"Oh Minhyuk! Where were you? Everyone has been looking for you all over.."

Minhyuk just turned to Shownu with teary voice and red face "I went out to the park..." Shownu then realizes how down Minhyuk looks and he just gave Minhyuk the hug and support he needed..

Minhyuk cried again while saying "I.... I... Love kids.... and i ... couldn't even... save one...."

"Where there is life, there will be an end. You did well Minhyuk.. Scientifically this epidemic situation has gone a bit too big.. It is not your fault. It is his fate and rather than him suffering.. He is going off instead. You ended his suffering pain which he endured for the past few months.. And for this, he don't have to suffer anymore" Shownu comforted Minhyuk as much as he can and helped him build the strength he needed to report the case to the kid's family professionally and see him off.

Shownu accompanied Minhyuk to discuss the situation and express condolence to the kid's family. Minhyuk build the strongest face;

"Good afternoon.. I am Dr. Lee Minhyuk. We tried our best in our operation. *Minhyuk took a deep breath* However...... He did not make it.." He tapped on the father of the kid who died in his hands in the operation theater. The family were devastated and Minhyuk manage to hold his tears and walk off to continue his duties and finish off his report then see the kid away with his scrub cap off.

Minhyuk's office

"Here is the X-ray documents from Kihyun of the kid. Which you can gather and pass to the Laboratory for further research on this epidemic." Shownu smiles

"Thank you, Shownu hyung. Also, thank you for the moral support you and Wonho gave. I couldn't ask for more....." Minhyuk smiled back

"Anything for you my friend. And did Wonho know about it?"

"I was at the park... crying after the failed operation.. And he happened to be there.. But at that time i was gone for words. i couldn't say anything but cry... He still didn't know why i cried however.. I'll thank him later after i end my shift."

"Oh i see.... Anyway i'm going to eat lunch but i have an extra meal. I think Jooheon bought for himself and probably forget about it. You wanna have it?" Shownu generously offered

"I still don't have any appetite. I'm sure you can eat all of those." Minhyuk pouts

"Asking is courtesy. I can eat it all but i'll be more happy to eat with someone else."