26

Tzuyu's POV

The clock struck at 8 in the evening when I checked it. I rubbed my eyes once again and got up from the couch as I looked around the room. There was no presence of my boss. I ran my hand to my hair. Sana told me to take a rest after we had dinner. She said that Mr. Gong was calling and she had to answer it. I slept for two hours. She must be here this time.

I stood up and walked towards my appa's bed. The beeping sound from the machine told me that his breathing was normal. I placed my palm to his forehead and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Please, wake up soon." I whispered.

Just then, the door opened and Sana stepped in. We hadn't talked that much this day after lunch. She was on her phone the whole time.

I bit my lip. This was why I was feeling guilty about this whole flying-over-to-Taiwan thing. Yes, I appreciated her sacrifices and efforts. But that was also the reason why I felt like I was intruding her work.

"I told your mom that she can stay at the hotel for tonight." She went to the table where her bag was. "I also talked to the doctor."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing bad. He said that he's glad your appa's heart rate is still normal. But as much as he wants to help, he told me it's better if we switch your dad to a private hospital."

I looked at my father then back at her. I chewed the inside of the cheek.

"I think he's right. Your appa needs to run some tests as soon as possible. Yes, he seems okay. But we don't know what will happen next. Especially, his state is critical." She pointed out.

I licked my dry lips. "Okay." I mumbled. If it was for the best, then I would be hundred percent cooperative. Let's set the quilt aside first. We could talk about it. Maybe tomorrow.

She yawned. I did not notice it awhile ago but now that I saw how tired she was, I stood up and went to her.

"You look tired," i said. "You can go to the hotel and take a bath. You haven't had a shower today."

"And so are you." Sana tilted her head and stepped closer, arms crossed. "You seem to enjoy the 'babysitter' thing."

I raised my brows. "I'm just concerned."

She smirked but her eyes still looked dead tired. I know I shouldn't be saying this at this moment. But wow, she looked sexy.

"Would you carry me if I passed out?" She asked.

What was with sudden question? "Maybe I call for help if you're too heavy." I tried to joke. There was no response. "Okay, yes. I would carry you." If that was what she wanted to hear.

She chuckled. I watched her as she took a step closer. I stepped back. In this distance, I could smell her sweet and strong perfume. It made my head dizzy.

Her eyes was focused on mine. I felt my back against the cold wall. "Then that would involved touching."

I did not really know where this conversation going. I took a deep breath and managed to speak. "Would it be a big deal?," i asked in small voice.

I couldn't read her eyes. I pressed my lips together, trying not to dart my eyes to her lips. But failed.

No. Snap out of it, Tzuyu!! I looked back at her eyes and slightly pushed her shoulder, trying to make a space between us. I cleared my throat.

She put her hands inside her pocket and finally stepped back, giving me a chance to let out my breath that I was holding. "I was just confused if you would still touch me even if I hadn't taken a bath."