Chapter Ten

After opening countless doors throughout the Lockwood Mansion, Zach and I come across what we presume to be Maisie's room. However, it's totally destroyed. Almost everything is broken. The window, the toys, it even looks like something has been hurled at the bed, considering all four bed posts are broken.

That's when I notice slight movement from beneath the sheet.

I freeze, fearing that it might be something that wants to eat us, "There's something under there." I whisper to Zach.

His breath hitches in his throat when he notices the fabric starting to move.

He glances at me with a hopeful expression, "Maybe it's Owen? Maybe he got hurt?"

My eyes widen in annoyance. That is not what I want to hear right now.

In a moment of courage I slowly creep forward and rip the sheet off of whatever is moving.

Zach yelps slightly.

The culprit springs to life and stares at us intently.

It's Blue!

I raise one hand in the air and the other delicately towards her face, "Hey girl, what happened to you?"

She eyes me up and down but remains calm, she knows who I am and she knows I would never hurt her.

Blue allows me to stroke the side of her face and it causes so many emotions to flood back to me. Tears are threatening to spill from my eyes but I won't let them.

Suddenly, an ear shatteringly loud noise causes Blue to be alert, she jumps off of the destroyed bed and moves toward the door.

"That was the freaking Indoraptor." Zach says from behind me.

Blue takes one last look at me before speeding out the door.

"Go get 'em Blue." I smile.

Zach and I both jump from fright again when the Indoraptor lets out another horrible roar. We both move to the shattered window.

"It's gotta be coming from over there, just beyond that." I say while pointing at another tiled roof.

Zach snorts, "How the heck are we supposed to get over there?"

"Parkour, obviously."

After successfully free styling our way across countless rooftops, Zach and I reached the source of the awful hybrid-dinosaur screeches.

The sight before me caused my heart to fall to the pit of my stomach.

The Indoraptor was on the glass roof and slowly advancing towards Owen and Maisie. They have nowhere else to go, they are on the complete edge of the building.

"Holy shit." Zach whispers.

I turn to look at him and when I do an idea springs to my mind.

"Gimme the gun!" I whisper while trying to pry the machine gun off him as it's slung around his body by the strap.

His jaw drops, "What?!"

"Give. Me. The. Gun." I say while staring directly into his soul.

He hesitates for a moment but then hands the weapon over to me reluctantly.