Arc 1.6 At the Top of the World

Gu Yuan and Tian Xi left right before the gathering ended. Gu Yuan carried the unconscious Tian Xi to her car and her driver took her home.

The next morning, Tian Xi was angry because in the end she couldn't beat Gu Yuan.

[But host, you completed Task 1. The rewards have already been sent to you.] 001 successfully consoled Tian Xi.

'Oh, right, 001. Are there any consequences for not fulfilling tasks?' Tian Xi wondered.

[No. Side Tasks are opportunities for hosts to gain more points without any repercussions. Consequently, the gains are usually not too much. However, host. On the other hand, failure to complete Side Missions would result in point deduction equal to half of the side mission's reward. Do be careful in the future.] Tian Xi appreciated 001's help in distinguishing the difference between tasks and missions. This wasn't really mentioned in the info sheet, after all.

After mulling about for a while, Tian Xi finally sat up and pulled her senses back to her main mission, which was to bring her family's business to the top of the business world. She knew the original host's family were content as a stable first-tier family, so she decided against bringing the matter up to them even if they doted on her. Tian Xi would only tell them about how she wanted to become more involved in the company.

Tian Xi wasn't really a family person and did not want to interact with the original's if she didn't have to. Furthermore, she could get the job done herself--faster at that. All she needed was the money.

There was a soft knock on the door as the head butler called out, "Young miss, are you awake? Breakfast is ready downstairs. Everyone is waiting for you."

"Mm, I know. I will be down soon."

The mornings at the Tian mansion were always lively since it was the only time of the day when every member of the family was present. The original host had a beautiful mom, a handsome dad, and a hot older bro and sis.

Tian Xi easily acted her part as the spoilt young princess and no one could tell that she was no longer the same Tian Xi that they knew.

After the hearty breakfast, Tian Xi returned to her room and pulled out her laptop.

[Host, what are you doing?] 001 had an ominous feeling, but he also felt unreasonably excited. His host was far from ordinary. After all, this was a Level 2 world as Tian Xi's first mission, meaning she was at least a D-class host. Most hosts start out from the very bottom--F-class.

"Gotta get a boatload of money from somewhere. Since it's gonna go toward the family business, wouldn't it be pointless asking the folks for money? What? Is hacking not allowed?" Tian Xi's finger quickly glided across the keyboard as a number of codes popped in and out of the screen.

[The original host did not have any knowledge of hacking. As long as you cannot be seen nor found hacking, it should be fine, host.] 001 would not give up the chance to clear the mission even if his host was going against the law.

Tian Xi set up multiple bank accounts and investment companies anonymously so that when she brought in all the cash it wouldn't be conspicuous and the authorities would not be able to trace the stolen goods back to her.

"What the hell?" When Tian Xi started to hack into the various banks in this world, Tian Xi was dumbfounded to find that the firewalls and security for all of the prominent and minor banks were already down and currently trying to restore themselves! Worst of all, there was nothing left that she could steal away.