Arc 5.2 Empress of Four Kingdoms

"Gongzhu woke up early today," a lively voice took Li Feifei out of her reverie as she turned to the entrance of the ancient room, finding a little girl no older than nine standing there in traditional pink maidservant clothing. Her pitch-black hair was put up into two buns on the top of both sides of her head, making her extremely cute especially with her large doe eyes that were filled with the innocence of a child.

Looking through the body's memories, Li Feifei recognized the maidservant as one of her four personal maidservants, Liu Yi. Liu Yi, along with the other three, were bestowed onto the original by the Emperor and the Empress when she had recently undergone her coming of age ceremony not even two months ago.

As she was the Emperor's only daughter she was highly pampered but also sheltered, just like the mission details had described. She didn't have many genuine friends, due to the power behind her so her four young maidservants were the closest people to her.

"Liu Yi," Li Feifei let out a small smile in acknowledgement. The original was the complete opposite of herself--refined, delicate, and as gentle as the calm waters. And, since she didn't have much confidence in her acting skills as her previous bodies were all to her liking, she just decided to try keeping her mouth shut as much as possible when surrounded by those more familiar with the original.

Feeling as welcomed as always due to the princess's kind demeanor, Liu Yi smiled back brightly as she stepped into the room to help her master get ready for the day.

Li Feifei was feeling groggy and lazy anyway, so she allowed the younger girl to undress her to bathe. When she was done getting cleaned up and wiped down, Liu Yi then draped on a baby blue inner garb and skirt, following with a complimentary light lavender outer robe with golden phoenixes embroidered on the back and shoulders and flames on the cuffs and hem. Then, her hair was combed and put into a neat braid that reached down to her ankles.

"What are gongzhu's plans for today?" Liu Yi excitedly asked, as Li Feifei rarely dressed up so well only to stay inside the palace so she assumed that the princess intended to head outside for once. The original usually spent her time cooped up and improving her skills in the four arts, only occasionally stepping out to partake in some parties held by her Mother Empress's closest female friends.

But Li Feifei refused to conform to the original's character any more than her temperament. She would die of boredom if she stayed true to Li Feifei's daily routine ah!

'It can't be out of character to step out, 001, since the original was curious about the outside world but just chose to stay within the limits of her comfort zone," she felt that her system really wanted to say something so instead of waiting to be scolded, she justified her actions instead.

It's not like she could get anything done if she stayed within the confines of her palace anyway, otherwise she would be no different from the original.

Most importantly, as long as the residents of the world didn't suspect anything, how could it be considered OOC? Liu Yi was obviously more excited than worried about her master's change in routine.

Li Feifei felt the need to find her devil, sure, so that she could have him ready anytime to get her baby back but at the same time one needed to know the situation of the kingdom to rule over it and she knew not to rely entirely on her faulty system for that kind of information.

001, [...]

"This princess wants to explore the common streets. We shall head over to see Imperial Father to discuss His arrangements," she explained to the little maid before waving her long, wide lavender sleeve and stalking off towards the throne room where the Emperor and His officials were holding their morning court.