Epilogue

July 6th, 2018

"Mila... I'm tired," Calum whined before cuddling into her side.

"Well stop being tired. We still have two more episodes to watch!" She quipped before taking a handful of popcorn and chucking it at his face.

He sputtered as he brushed the popcorn off of himself, "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"God, I hate you."

"Do you though?"

"... No."

"That's what I thought."

He let out a scoff before playfully pushing her away from himself, "You're such a little shit."

A giggle escaped her lips, "But I'm your little shit."

He joined in her laughter before shooting finger guns at her, "You got me there, Millie."

She shot him a bright smile before getting comfortable under the mountain of blankets that enveloped the both of them. She pulled his arm under her head so she could use it as a cushion despite the number of pillows surrounding her, and he pulled her closer as he pressed the play button and tossed a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

A few minutes into the episode, she turned toward Calum with soft eyes, "Hey, Cal?"

He immediately looked down to meet her gaze, "Yeah?"

"You know I love you, right? Like you're my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably die."

Mila scoffed and slapped him lightly, "Shut up!"

A laugh escaped his lips, "Sorry, sorry. But seriously, you know I love you, too, right?"

She nodded, a small smile on her lips.

"Good," he smiled back, "You're my favorite girl."

Mila's smile widened before she nudged him and rolled her eyes, "Okay, teddy bear, that's enough sap."

"Hey, you started it."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Mila said with a wave of her hand before sinking further into him and turning her attention to the screen.

Calum glanced down at her, staring at her soft features as she watched the television. Love swelled in his chest and he planted the ghost of a kiss on her hair that he knew she wouldn't feel before succumbing to his exhaustion, holding his girl in his arms while feeling completely and irrevocably at peace, blissfully unaware of what fate had in store for them.

Blissfully unaware that fate is not, and never will be, kind.