seven

"it's not too late. you know why? because whether he knows it or not, elle is his past, his present, and she deserves to be his future. He can't and he shouldn't go on living his life, not knowing that there's a beautiful little girl that he helped create, growing up without him." she looks at me sympathetically.

i nod my head and look away once again. it was nothing new hearing about elle and cody  deserving to know about each other.

"i'll do it. i'll try to talk to him. this time i actually will..." i finally sigh, wiping my eyes. "but i have no doubt that he'll treat me like any other thing he left in his past." i look at her, pressing my lips into a fine line.

she sighs looking at me. "brie..."

" — no, you know it's true" i look at her with narrow eyes. "maybe it is, brie ; but for the sake of elle, you should do almost everything in order to let him know." she rubs my arms, and i nod again.

"how are you so good at this?"

"what do you mean?" she asks confused. "how are you so mature for your age? you literally act like a mom of 2 kids, most of the time. i'm 22 and can't even get my shit together." i joke around.

"hey!" she glares at me. "i'm kidding." i softly smile, wiping my eyes. "but really, how is it?"

she looks down for a few seconds before referring her attention back towards me. "i guess growing up with only one parent really opened my eyes. don't get me wrong, i love my dad to death and i also really appreciate that my grandma was there to help, but it would've been great to grow up with a dad AND mom." she sighs softly.

"that's why i do what i do for you. seeing the amount of love you have for elle, and the exact same amount she has for you, always makes me wish i had that same mother & daughter bond. you  guys are inseparable, and that's what i admire about you." she smiles, making me look down.

"you know, brie...when you found out you were pregnant, you could've done so many things that would've put your baby to risk...— but you decided not to. you decided to move out of state, and raise your daughter, on your own. live on your own. work on your own. you're a really tough woman, brie.
and that's probably why you and elle have the connection you guys do. i didn't have that growing up. so that's why I encourage you to make the right decision. i, myself, was always a daddy's girl, and it was and always will be a beautiful feeling to have such an amazing bond with your dad. i want elle to experience that, and i want her to have that forever."

i smile widely, trying my best to keep myself together.

she stretches her arms out and I chuckle hugging her. "you're not bad for a 19 year old." i laugh softly. "you're not bad for a 22 year old." she chuckles, replying in the same tone.

//

"okay did you really have to drag me here?" i ask curiously, looking towards victoria.

"you want to fix things with cody? we have to start somewhere!" she shrugs her shoulders and i roll my eyes jokingly.

"so what exactly is happening today?" i ask again. "alright well, today is one of the wags's birthday. so we're all celebrating. meaning that when the game is over, the team will also join the celebration. that'll be your call towards cody." she looks back at me, and i nod.