eighteen

BRIE'S POV

"what do you want to do, brie?...maybe it's best if we just tell him the whole truth." jennifer sighs as i finish explaining everything that has happened thus far between cody and i. "no mrs.be- jennifer, i don't want to involve you guys in it. i know cody will be 10 times more upset than he already is if he finds out you guys knew the whole time. i'd rather he just hold a grudge against me instead of you guys." i retort trying my best to keep cody's family out of the problem.

jennifer sighs and the line stays quiet for a little as she most likely takes in the whole situation. "cody hasn't called any of us to tell us about this but i'm sure he will soon. when he does i promise you, we're gonna try our best to get him to reach out to you for the sake of elle. if not for us, i know he'll do it for her. he wouldn't just not step up." she reassured & i nod slowly even though she couldn't see me.

"i hope so, i just feel so bad that he's already missed out on so much..." i sigh looking across the room at a sleeping elle who peacefully was laying in her crib. "you were caught up in the moment brie, it was all fast and that's understandable. even though i may have not agreed and still don't with the fact that you had to hide elle from him, what's happened, happened; and we can't change the past."

"all you can do now is try to push forward with this as best as possible. i know my cody is probably in a rough spot right now but i really do believe everything will change once he sees elle for the first time." jennifer speaks softly & i can't help but let my eyes get glossy.

"they both deserve the best and they both deserve to know about each other. i just hope he reaches out soon, i don't want to be the cause of his constant pain anymore. please check up on him, and please watch over him. even though he's moved on, i still love him and i don't want him to go through this alone...." i softly speak, looking up at the ceiling.

victoria 💟
cody wants to meet elle!! are you free tomorrow? plan something now!!

what?! omg thank god, yes i'm free tomorrow! i'd cancel any plans, maybe we can take elle out in the morning.

victoria 💟
that's perfect, they have a 7 pm game, i'll talk to him in a bit, set the location and i'll let him know!

sounds good, thank you sm tori! i love you v 🤍

victoria 💟
love you more bug 🤍

THIRD PERSON POV

victoria listened as sabrina rambled on about how cody missed their dinner date the night before. they were both sitting in the family area waiting for cody. "i'm sure he had a good reason though." victoria looks at her, her eyebrows raised. for not playing, she was hoping cody would move a little quicker and save her from this conversation.

"he could've called though, i don't know honestly, he's a very difficult man. we have plans for tomorrow tho-" sabrina begins again, but in that moment cody walks in and victoria sighs relieved. "hey guys." cody half smiles, and goes to give sabrina a small hug. "hey" the girls both retort. "ready to go codes?" sabrina asks him and he nods, but not before looking at victoria.

"tori and i have to talk really quick tho, can you give us a sec?" he looks back at sabrina and she looks between the both of them before nodding her head. "i'll be waiting over here." she points behind her and walks always.

"man she's not gonna let you live down the dinner date situation." victoria whispers and cody shakes his head knowingly. "anyways, did you talk to her?" he asks urged.

"yes i did, and she said she is all for it. since you guys have a later game tomorrow, maybe you guys can meet up in the morning or something." victoria tells cody as he instantly sighs relieved. "okay yes, good, i thought she would say no." he rubs the back of his neck. "she would never. i think she wants this to happen as much as you do, for elle." victoria reassures him with a small smile.

"it's still a lot to take in, you know? i still don't feel like it's real and this is actually happening to me, but i feel like getting to meet her is going to change me so much. it's almost a little scary but i need this." he sighs and fidgets with his hands while victoria nods understanding.

"i have so many pictures of her and i would show you but i feel like it wouldn't be as special as you seeing her for the first time." victoria laughs lightly. "yeah, i think that's a good idea." cody chuckles, suddenly feeling extremely happy but the smile on his fade fades away slowly.

"fuck! i forgot!" he face palms. "what??" victoria furrows her eyebrows confused. "i was supposed to take sabrina out tomorrow for a breakfast date. basically to make up for last night but i can't call off on meeting my- daughter...fuck that feels weird to say." he tugs at his hair. "you think she'll be THAT upset if you tell her it's important?" victoria asks confused. "she's going to want an explanation." he sighs and it's victoria's turn to face palm.

"cody all i'm saying is, you should find some other way to make it up to sabrina, if you don't want to tell her about all this yet, that's fine, but this is your daughter we're talking about. think about it, let me know by tonight. i'll send you the address of the place in case, okay?" victoria asks and cody reluctantly nods. she gives him a small hug & waves as she walks away.

it's def been a while so this might not be all the good but we're getting there ahaha, hope u guys enjoyed 🤍

- deileen