Chapter 1

"She needs this, It's fine We're helping her" my mother whispered to herself as we walked up the staircase, I held onto my book tightly. As we got to my new room for however long my mother turned to me with tears in her eyes. "Raelyn sweetie, you'll get comfortable here. It's going to help you don't worry, we'll come check on you every few weeks. We love you" She said to me, seeming to comfort herself more than it was to me. My father said a quick goodbye and told me he loved me which I was great full for. Then they left me all alone, for the first time in my life I was alone.

A few hours passed as I unpacked some of my clothing into the draws that had already been set up in my room which I was great full for. I decided to walk down to the kitchen to get a snack if I was allowed to, I didn't really know the rules here. I was never informed so I believe it's okay. Walking slowly I walked down the stairs to the first floor with my book in my hand, my parents got me alot of books before I came here to keep me occupied. As I got to the first floor alot of people passed by me, some smiling, others waving or saying polite hello's. None of them I replied to, I was too scared to speak to anyone. I wouldn't say I was a loner but it was hard for me to make friends or speak to alot of people, I have what you called anxiety, insomnia and depression. My anxiety isn't bad it's mostly my depression that makes me unable to talk to for someweird reason.

As I continued my walk to the kitchen I realised i had gotten lost along the way, I was shown around once a few weeks ago and I have forgotten my way. I turned around looking from where I came from, nothing looked familiar. I sighed but continued walking hoping I could find somewhere I knew. "Nah man I told you it's going to work" I heard voices down the hallway to the right, not thinking much about it I followed the voices. As I got closer the voices became more clear, they saw me coming.

They were both male, one had dark black hair and braces, he seemed very happy while he was speaking and as he saw me approach. The other however had a scowl over his features, he had light freckles on his nose and upper cheeks along with blonde hair. "Hello, are you lost?" The darker haired boy said, I nodded not making much eye contact. I felt awkward knowing they knew I was new here.

"I'm Jeongin, this here is Felix" the darker hair boy said again, I mumbled a hey but kept my head down. I was neevous, which they picked up on seeing as Jeongin began laughing. "Welcome to Whitehaven, I'll show you the way to the main area" he repeated again, I mumbled again as I walked closer to them. As he Bagan walking I followed passing Felix to do so. As I passed he caught me hand which made me stiffen.

"What's your name?" He said in a deep Australian accent. I looked back at him, his dark eyes stared back into my green ones. My heart stopped, probably from nerves but I wasn't sure.

"My name's Raelyn" I said trying to sound confident but my voice broke a little at the end which he smiled at. He hummed in response as he let go of my hand gesturing me to follow Jeongin before I lost him. Speeding up to him we made eye contact. He smiled at me showing his braces, man he does smile alot. We passed alot of security and nurses, only a few doctors. Jeongin asked me where my room is so he could take me seeing it was going to be curfew soon.

Walking down the hallways of the third floor I could feel the eyes of the security on us as we passed, I tapped Jeongin in the arm. "Do they ever hurt you?" I whisperd as we passed more nurses with cold stares.

"No, don't worry" he said as he smiled at me. Did I believe him? not really. He seemed to know what he was talking about unless he just lied to me which I hoped he didn't.