09

CHAPTER 9.

"Alex! Shit, what'd you do to your hair?" Miles asked at the bus stop

Alex had almost forgotten he'd cut his hair. And all because of the boy standing before him.

"I just, uh, needed a change."

"Oh." Miles seemed really off. He didn't seem happy. And that hurt Alex.

"What homework did we get yesterday?"

"Just the continuation of the French project." Miles responded, looking elsewhere.

Alex brushed his hand against Miles's, which made the taller boy jump.

"Hey, thanks for yesterday." Alex smiled at him.

"I-It's alright."

What was wrong with him? He seemed so sad. Alex hated this.

He was going to spend as much time around him as he possibly could and make him feel happy.

But Miles seemed to be ignoring him most of the time during the school day. And all of his friends gave him concerned looks, as well as everyone else in the school glancing at him every now and again. Alex felt like the centre of attention, and he hated it. He was anxious to talk to Miles and find Nathan.

The second part was easy.

"Like your hair, Al." Nathan whispered, when he walked past him down the corridor. That made him feel worse. But he knew he'd have to get his book back, so he followed him.

"Nathan, you said you'd give me my book."

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Here. Got no use for it now anyways."

"Wh-What?" Alex asked, as he took it from him.

Nathan just winked and walked away. Fuck. What had happened?

Alex knew he could talk to Alexa about all of this. He was scared to talk to Miles, and Matt, Jamie and Nick were some of the people glancing at him.

At lunch, Miles went to a homework club, so Alex found Alexa's table at lunch. She was sitting with Arielle and some other girls.

"Hey, Alex. You alright?"

"Y-Yeah, um, do you mind if I sit with you?"

"Sure." Alexa moved up so Alex could sit beside her, and he was opposite Arielle. "What's up?"

"I feel like everyone's looking at me. I hate it. Miles is acting weird and Nick, Jamie and Matt are too. I'm scared."

Alexa and Arielle exchanged glances.

"It might be to do with what happened yesterday." Arielle said quietly.

"What happened yesterday?" Alex asked. Now he was extremely concerned.

Alexa cleared her throat. "N-Nathan told everyone. About your book. I take it you know what I mean."

Alex looked away. This couldn't have happened. Nathan promised not to tell anyone if he did as he said, and he did. But he told everyone no matter what.

"Alex...it's okay that you're gay."

"I'm not gay."

Alexa furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you?"

"I'm-I'm bisexual."

"Oh. That's good too, Lex. And...he said you like Miles too. But Miles isn't into guys. I'm sorry, Al."

"Nathan blackmailed you." Arielle sighed. "I hate that guy."

Alex was already crying. "This shouldn't have happened. I did what he told me to. A-And-"

"Lex, come here." Alexa pulled Alex into a hug. "Come round mine tonight. We can talk properly, alright? I've missed talking to you."

"Thanks." Alex sniffed.

"Sit next to me in Maths. I'll give you answers."

Alex smiled. "D-Does Miles know I love him?"

"I think so. I didn't talk to him yesterday."

"That's why he's been neglecting me. God, what the fuck am I gonna do?"

"I don't know, Al. But tonight will make you feel better."