16

A/N: we hit 1k! Thank you so much :D

CHAPTER 16.

In the shop, Alex could only think about Nathan and what he'd done to him and Miles. He was going to get his revenge, and it would be sweet. Alex was going to fuck him up hard, and it would be worth it, even if he ended up in prison or hospital.

Miles dragged him along the aisles, showing him different sweets and chocolate, asking what he wanted. Alex wasn't hungry. He'd lost his appetite after the incident with Nathan. But Miles bought him a milkshake from the cafe later on.

The two boys sat opposite each other in the cafe, sipping on their milkshakes. Alex watched Miles text somebody on his phone.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"Me mum." Miles responded, not looking up. "She was just wonderin' where we were."

Alex smiled gently, touching Miles's hand and caressing it. "I love you." He whispered softly.

"I love you too, Al." Miles grinned, looking up from his phone. "When are going to be back in school?"

"Hopefully next week. My dad thinks I'm too ill for the rest of this week, but I want to go in as soon as possible."

"Make sure you recover properly. I don't want it getting worse."

Alex cleared his throat, and reached into his pocket for a folded piece of paper. "I-I wrote this for you."

Miles looked up and put his phone aside. "Is it a song or a poem?"

"I'm not sure yet. It could be both." Alex passed the piece of paper to his boyfriend to allow him to read it.

Miles unfolded the paper with his beautiful fingers Alex had always fantasised about, and watched his eyes scan the words.

You showed me my tomorrow beside a box of matches
A welcome threatening stir
My hopes of being stolen might just ring true
Depends who you prefer
If it's true you're gonna run away
Tell me where, I'll meet you there

Am I snapping the excitement
If I pack away the laughter and tell you how it feels?
And does burden come to meet ya
If I've questions of the feature that rolls on your dream reel?
The day after you stole my heart
Everything I touched told me
It would be better shared with you

"That's really good, Al. You should totally turn that into a song!" Miles exclaimed.

"I'm not sure. I don't think anyone would like it..." Alex sighed.

"Well, I like it. And I know the world will. Everyone will know your name, Alex Turner. Everyone, they're going to love you and cherish your music for life."

Alex felt the blood rush to his cheeks, laughing nervously. "Mi, I doubt that. But thanks."

They stayed silent for a few moments, before Miles's face fell.

"My grandad's funeral is next Saturday. Will you come?" Miles asked.

"Wait, really?" Alex replied, his eyes widening.

"He loved you. He loved your taste in music. He would want you to be there. And I want you to be there." Miles said, sadly.

Alex watched him look down and wring his hands. He needed him to come to this funeral.

"Okay. I will." Alex sighed.

"Thank you, Al." Miles smiled softly at him.

"Now, cheer up, okay? It's gonna be alright."

Miles nodded. "Yeah."

Alex gently kicked Miles's shin under the table, causing a giggle from his boyfriend. Miles returned the gesture, and soon they were having a foot war from beneath the table.

It was moments like this Alex cherished. He wouldn't have Miles in his life forever, as much as he wanted to.

And Miles felt the same.

As they walked back, Miles wrapped his arm around Alex's shoulder, keeping the boy close and warm.

When Alex arrived back at his own home, he picked up the notebook he hadn't touched in what felt like forever. A few words were going to have to be written.

everything is finally okay

everybody needs a miles kane.
everyone deserves a miles kane in their life to look after them and hold them and to tell them it's okay.
i have my miles kane. i love my miles kane. he is perfect and i can not change him for anyone else.
he loves me.
i love him.
it works.