Chapter 1: Pick-Ups and Lost Phones

It was late in the afternoon in Paris, France. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Nobody could ask for a better, more brighter day to be out and about. Marinette was one of the lucky ones of the day. Today was Adrien's photoshoot. She was ecstatic. She waited for two weeks for this day to come. One whole day with Adrien was more than she could have ever imagined.

"Can you believe it, Tikki? A photoshoot! With Adrien! I can't believe this is happening!" Marinette said as she searched through her dresser, picking out an outfit for the special occasion. Clothes flew all over the room. Tikki floated next to her, dodging a purple shirt that nearly hit her.

"I'm so happy for you, Marinette! Maybe it's a good thing Adrien saw the photos of him in your room. Things happen for a reason, just like how there was a reason you became Ladybug." Tikki told her. Marinette smiled. She was very thankful to have a little floating companion like Tikki around. Tikki has been there for her through thick and thin. If it wasn't for her, she wouldn't know what to do with herself, especially around Adrien. She gave Marinette the confidence to be brave, even in the toughest of circumstances.

"I'm really shocked he didn't see me as a total creep after what he saw on TV the other week. He's so understanding..." She started zoning out, sighing. "Adrien..."

"Marinette?" Tikki tried to get her attention. "Marinette?" Marinette was still spacing out. Tikki lightly threw the purple shirt that almost hit her at Marinette's face. Marinette yelped. She was back down to earth. Marinette giggled, with the shirt still on her face. Tikki laughed with her.

"Sorry Tikki. Okay, gotta focus." She said as she began to go through her dresser again. "I just can't-" Marinette threw another shirt out from her dresser. "-find the right top!" She threw a giant pile out from the dresser drawers. She stopped and gasped. "Yes! This is it!" Marinette proclaimed as she held up a salmon color flowy top. "What do you think, Tikki?" She asked her.

"I love it, but why are you getting all fancy? It's a photoshoot, not a royal ball." Tikki chuckled.

"You don't understand. Adrien asked me to go with him to his photoshoot! The love of my life and the light of my heart! He never asks anyone that! This is basically a date! So I need to look my best!" Marinette explained. Tikki rose an eyebrow.

"But...he thinks you're a fan, not a crush. So it's not really a date, technically speaking." Tikki said. Marinette pondered what she just heard. She sighed.

"Maybe you're right. Still, doesn't hurt to try to impress him, you know?" Marinette told her. Tikki smiled at her.

"Well, you do have a point. Way to be positive!" Tikki responded, twirling in place. Suddenly the phone rang. Marinette's head jolted. She ran over to her daybed and picked up the phone. She looked at who was calling. She yelped, dropping the phone.

"Gah! It's Adrien! Uh...uh..." She said, running in place in a panic.

"Marinette! Answer it!" Tikki said as she picked up the phone with all the strength she could. Marinette grabbed it from her and pressed the answer button as she looked away, dreading what she was thinking she was going to say to him. She put the phone to her ear.

"Uh...hello biscuit...I MEAN THIS IS-" She stopped talking and coughed nervously, "This is...Marinette." She facepalmed as did Tikki.

"Uh...hey, Marinette. It's Adrien." Adrien responded. He was in the backseat of a black car with his bodyguard and photographer seated in the front. "I'm calling to let you know that we're on our way to pick you up."

"Wait, I thought that you were sending me the address so I could meet you there." Marinette said, confused.

"Well, that was the plan. I just thought that picking you up would be the more...well...gentlemanly thing to do." Adrien chuckled nervously. Marinette blinked in astonishment.