Chapter 2: Not What She Expected

Marinette, accompanied by Adrien, walked out of the bakery. Adrien went ahead and opened the car door for her. Marinette stepped inside the car as he followed her. He closed the door and the car began to move.

"So...where is the photoshoot?" Marinette said as she and Adrien buckled themselves in.

"Actually, I can't say." Adrien told her. Marinette was confused.

"Huh? Why?" Marinette asked him.

"Hey, you can't be the only one with..." Adrien leaned towards her. "...surprises." He said as he winked at her. Marinette smiled and blushed. She noticed that Adrien's behaviour had changed since he saw the photos in her room. He'd been playful around her a lot lately. Marinette wasn't against it, of course. She thoroughly enjoyed being treated like this. She just wondered why he had been acting this way all of a sudden. Nonetheless, she decided to enjoy it as long as it lasted. "All I can tell you is that we have 2 hours to kill." Adrien told her. Marinette looked straight ahead. Her eyes widened. 2 hours. 2 hours...in a car...with Adrien....oh my goodness. She was in her own little wonderland. She just didn't know what to talk about. She looked around the car to see if there was anything she could begin to discuss. She found buttons in the center of the car above them. There were so many. Usually you only see two of them for lights above the seats.

"So what do these do?" Marinette asked him as she pointed to the buttons.

"Huh?" Adrien asked, turning his head to her hand pointing to the buttons. "Oh, those? Well, try 'em out." Adrien told her. She hesitantly pressed one of the buttons. The button made a beeping sound. Suddenly, a small TV screen slid out from the bottom of the car. A DVD player slid up too. Marinette was amazed. She had never thought that a car like this existed. She eagerly pressed another one. The lights above them changed from yellow to blue.

"Color-changing lights? Fancy." Marinette giggled. Adrien did the same.

"Yeah, we use this car for special occasions usually. I pulled a few strings and, well, I convinced my dad to let us use it. Since you were coming along, I thought it was necessary." Adrien told her. Marinette's face lit up. She would never have expected Adrien to go to such great lengths to do this for her. She felt so special at that moment. He pointed to another button above them.

"Okay, press this button here." Adrien said to her. Marinette pressed the button. Suddenly, she felt something digging into her back. She gasped, discovering that the chairs that she and Adrien were sitting were also massage chairs. Adrien sat there with his eyes closed, folding his hands in his lap. Marinette, although being really surprised that a massage chair could exist in a car, became extremely relaxed, sliding slowly into the seat. She sighed, enjoying herself. Adrien chuckled at her. He pointed to another button.

"Now, press this one." Adrien told her. She took her hand and pressed the button. A divider came from the top of the car. It slid down until it was locked into place on the bottom of the car. Marinette's eyes widened again. "It's a soundproof divider. My bodyguard and photographer can't hear us. Now we have the back of the car all to ourselves!" Adrien said to her. Marinette couldn't believe what was happening. This was all so surreal to her. She literally had 2 hours to spend with no one but Adrien, the love of her life. She literally didn't know what to say or do. She waited for Adrien to make a move.

"Okay so we have some movies to watch on the way." Adrien said as he reached under his seat. He took out a case full of DVD movies and TV shows. "You don't get carsick, right?" Adrien asked her. Marinette shook he head no. "Okay. Let's see..." He began to sort through the movies, reading each title over. Marinette looked through the DVD titles with him. She noticed a lot of movies from the franchise, Meteor Voyage.